TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > Hand Tools, Power Tools, Welders, etc

Bridgeport Mill, rebuild

<< < (2/7) > >>

stlaser:
I’ve only ever removed a head once and that was to get it rebuilt. It was a variable speed head not the v belt model. Imo the v belt are more desirable and less overall maintenance.

JR:

--- Quote from: stlaser on November 21, 2023, 06:04:34 PM ---I’ve only ever removed a head once and that was to get it rebuilt. It was a variable speed head not the v belt model. Imo the v belt are more desirable and less overall maintenance.

--- End quote ---

:likebutton:

JR:
Watched a couple YTU videos on this thing. They came out in 1936. Mine is a 1969 unit, J head per the SN, but the head has a "123xxx" vs the knee "121xxx"

Table is 9x42, in very good shape, but a small chunk is missing from a slot near the end.

The cutter is a Sandvik and is 6in across. Missing a couple inserts and clamps. Search has started for stuff!

JR:
Got it set where it will live for a while. This thing needs a name?

Almost lost it though off the pallet jack. Tipped forward (one of the slow motion things) the motor fell off and hit the floor. Broke the starter housing and pulled some wires, not terrible for what could have happened. I think when the wires pulled off it saved the motor from hitting hard.

Did some basic cleaning and found it may not be in great shape overall. Looks like it was greased vs oiled, ways are scratched and will need addressing for sure.

Flyin6:
Impressive to see that in one's garage!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version