Hello Guest

Author Topic: French Military  (Read 2021 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
French Military
« on: April 22, 2015, 10:19:11 PM »
Having these guys back you up is like having no help at all!

But they sure look good!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: French Military
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 08:09:46 AM »
Only thing good about them is the wine in their rations.  If you can take the whine that comes with it.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Higher Caliber

• Registered
  • Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
"Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep"

Molon Labe!

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 08:40:01 AM »
Great read.  There is a lot of respect among allies for our guys.  That is why they don't like to come play unless we do.  The guys I had as a 1SG in Irag and Afghanistan were like he describes.  They area great at what we ask them to do. 
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 09:12:13 AM »
That's a great article.

And...

I feel a bit of remorse over grating on the French guys earlier. So I publically apologize.

I did serve with some of them, some "Special Forces" guys, and they were a bit lacking, but I also served with French Quebecers and they certainly were not lacking anything.  So let me get off my high horse and say, I admire all soldiers. I stood there on kilo ramp while a dead Frenchman was loaded on a C-160 Transal for his final flight home. He died honorably.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 09:57:54 AM »
Perhaps it's the way the liberals in France support and deploy their military and not the men who serve.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2015, 08:15:47 AM »
I will apologize as well for being stereotypical.  I agree it is the French gov't not those who answer the nations call.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Drunksailor

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2015, 05:43:28 AM »
Hahaha I look at its as friendly poking, for the most part we have our frenchy jokes and they have their american ones. Kinda like me poking at those army guys and their cozy tanks, at the end of the day I'm asking for a ride and i bet you ill get one out of mutual respect between our branches of service (or because them slow thinking army guys got together and finally came up with a witty retort). We have the same respect between our allied militaries.
-Seth

“Anyone in any walk of life who is content with mediocrity is untrue to himself and to American tradition.”
― George S. Patton Jr.

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2015, 01:04:09 PM »
I lived in France for 4 years and I worked with the French Air Force, I also had the great pleasure to work with the Legionaries.  They are a different breed and usually have very good unit cohesion. They know they can only depend on themselves,  they are expendable and nobody will come to their rescue if they get in trouble, if you disappear then for the most part nobody will ask what happened to you.  One of the better groups I had the pleasure to work with. 

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2015, 01:07:59 PM »
I lived in France for 4 years and I worked with the French Air Force, I also had the great pleasure to work with the Legionaries.  They are a different breed and usually have very good unit cohesion. They know they can only depend on themselves,  they are expendable and nobody will come to their rescue if they get in trouble, if you disappear then for the most part nobody will ask what happened to you.  One of the better groups I had the pleasure to work with. 
I also worked with the Legionnaires, (Cappe-Blanc) in desert storm. They are a closed sect, that's for sure...very unlike the regular French forces in my view...tougher.

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2015, 01:18:19 PM »
Second that, like any good unit a little closed at first but once they see that you can do the job they open up.  I agree with the "standard" French military they are a little unmotivated but the pilots I worked with were top notch..  Big problem in France/Europe is its still a caste system, that drove me insane and is what I hated most when I worked with them.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2015, 10:42:04 PM »
Second that, like any good unit a little closed at first but once they see that you can do the job they open up.  I agree with the "standard" French military they are a little unmotivated but the pilots I worked with were top notch..  Big problem in France/Europe is its still a caste system, that drove me insane and is what I hated most when I worked with them.

I remember when the French pulled out of Kandahar, their ground forces. Our SF guys had to stay the gap they left. I flew them in. Got into a big pickle that night when the T-ban out doing T-ban stuff ran into good old Texas and Georgia boys instead of the frenchys.

I was also there when the French Air Force showed back up with their Mirages, and I was there the day they drew blood by dropping bombs in support of our guys.

In my book I write about two brave marines...the day I was going home on break. The silent ramp ceremony, loading the bodies into a C-17. A Mirage fighter approached from the runway, still dragging his landing parachute behind. He shut down the moment he saw what was happening and raised his canopy. I thought that was a cool show of respect.
Unfortunately France is being eaten alive from within by the muslim hoards which will soon devour the nation. It will fade into the annals of history and become an Islamic nation...what a pity!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2015, 06:24:30 AM »
Unfortunately France is being eaten alive from within by the muslim hoards which will soon devour the nation. It will fade into the annals of history and become an Islamic nation...what a pity!

And therein lies our problem.  Nature, by God's plan, is that any organism is driven by the desire for self preservation and to reproduce.  There is no creature in God's creation that naturally invites parasitic activity leading to their own demise. That too is God's plan.  I don't understand those in our country that invite illegal immigration or immigration of those who hate us.  They are inviting parasitic activity unto their own demise and will be the first to wring their hands over the destruction within and wonder how it happened.

Sorry, DOT rant over.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal