Hello Guest

Author Topic: Troubling!  (Read 329 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Troubling!
« on: January 23, 2019, 11:57:43 PM »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
Re: Troubling!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 08:47:06 AM »
Has been going on for 50 years. Another bullet point in the argument to buy an older vehicle and refurb to new status and drive. My GM is Red.... should I get it painted.. :)
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 08:59:45 AM »
Has been going on for 50 years. Another bullet point in the argument to buy an older vehicle and refurb to new status and drive. My GM is Red.... should I get it painted.. :)
My dad was Chevy. I remember driving in the back of his 57. Raised on them, my first car was a 64 Impala SS. Like Dodge but my base is GM, chevy. Had a few year interlude into fords but came back to Chevy and have remained here. THey changed not me.
I think the thing to do is either America does a massive buy of Chevies (which won't happen) to lure them out of the China or we just fix up our old Chevys and drive classics. I think the aftermarket parts although China manufactured (thanks to the Democrats) is mostly US based/owned companies.

As we approach the second coming, things are just not going to improve, however we are called to be that light in the wilderness. We stand up for what is right and good against the tide of a weakened humanity!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 01:21:36 PM »
Ill take a slightly different opinion here.

Not having verified any of the details in the video it sure smells like union propaganda

Let’s be clear. Most if not all US auto companies have been moving production to Canada and Mexico for years due to uncompetitive labor costs in the US.  If I recall the stats correctly, more than $1500 of each car price was solely to pay retiree benefits for medical insurance alone, not including pension.

Obummer completely screwed the company (doomed it in my opinion) by extorting the companies and giving a big chunk of the ownership to the unions.  A little election payback.

Allowing GM to declare bankruptcy would have been the right, and the economically prudent answer.  Bankruptcy allows for debt restructure and to bring labor back to the table for negotiation but the Dems wouldn’t let that happen.

GM is now tied to the albatross that is killing it.  The reason BMW and others can bring factories to the us is because they run merit shops and not union shops in the US.

Remember the outrage when Boeing tried to expand its non union production?  Lawmakers had a cow.

GM is likely doing what’s in its best interest long term especially since China just agreed to allow more US cars to be sold in China and China has had massive import tarrifs on US autos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 01:37:30 PM »
Big three autos? No thanks, unless as Don stated buy old and refurbish. I’ve struck out with both newer Ford and GM products lately which I might add were the larger truck or suv versions which are supposedly their bread and butter. I have no intention of spending hard earned dollars on the overpriced junk. My last purchase was Toyota and so far pretty hard to beat I think.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal