Hello Guest

Author Topic: New G-19MDS  (Read 7 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
New G-19MDS
« on: Today at 05:38:52 PM »
Just picked up a brand spankin new Glock Gen 5, Model G19MDS

The Pre-Ranger is about two weeks, maybe a tad bit more from placing the 75th Ranger Regiment scroll on his left shoulder. Their sidearm is the Glock 19. Same as I carried in Baghdad and Kirkuk. I want to commemorate this significant accomplishment by presenting him with his own G19 during the proceedings somewhere.

It feels very G19 and has a pretty decent trigger. Came with three 15-round mags and the standard Glock stuff.

While I was there, I tried out a pair of G-19X pistols. I love the G-17 hand grip and the shorty G-19 slide, but the triggers were vague and indefinite at best. I squeezed the trigger of a new Army Sig, and, man, what a difference. The Sig is just so much better, both initial long pull and reset. The G10X had a normal reset trigger pull, but the first pull is just a long, forever pull without the feeling you are building up to the release of the hammer.

I just realized, in a couple of weeks, I can no longer call him a pre-ranger. From now on until he or I departs the world, he will always be a Ranger. It will be a part of his name and a part of his soul, forever...
I had several people there try the triggers out and they agreed that the Glock trigger needs some work/replaced.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal