Hello Guest

Author Topic: Trump Amnesty OFFER  (Read 1312 times)

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
Trump Amnesty OFFER
« on: January 29, 2018, 10:52:45 PM »
So I was sputtering when I saw that Trump had put "amnesty" on the table. But after I calmed down a bit I wondered if maybe Trump was painting the Democrats into a corner much like he did on the shutdown. Let's face it, these guys are politicians and he's been navigating the NY Real Estate market with all the people there is a lot tougher in my mind.

So then after seeing the Democrats still screaming racism and thinking they just look like utter fools for complaining about what they wanted I started wondering if Trump was ahead of them again. And then I saw this article on the whole thing:

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/01/trumps_goyuuuuge_intheirface_daca_deal.html

I feel a bit better. Not completely convinced yet but I can see this working to some degree. And if he ends chain migration and the visa lottery system that could be a good thing. And I wasn't aware of what the 12 year path meant but if that comes with "hey, you're out" for any f-ups, I like that idea. And over 12 years it seems to me it will weed out the dirtbag's.

What's your take on this.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 09:09:05 AM by cudakidd53 »

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Amnesty OFFER
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 12:14:39 AM »
He’s going to give amnesty to a couple million because it polls well and it will get him the wall. And he needs the wall, and needs to appease moderates a bit by saving “the Kids” going into Mid-terms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 09:09:25 AM by cudakidd53 »
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 06:58:59 AM »
He’s going to give amnesty to a couple million because it polls well and it will get him the wall. And he needs the wall, and needs to appease moderates a bit by saving “the Kids” going into Mid-terms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’s also painting the Libs into a corner - counter their absurd NO RESTRICTIONS demand with down the middle compromise AND include more schemers in the deal and watch them self destruct trying to make people believe it’s a bad deal......
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 09:09:37 AM by cudakidd53 »
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 12:14:28 PM »
He’s also painting the Libs into a corner - counter their absurd NO RESTRICTIONS demand with down the middle compromise AND include more schemers in the deal and watch them self destruct trying to make people believe it’s a bad deal......

More and more I agree with this cuda. Having seen how the Dems came away from the "shutdown" with egg on their faces for putting illegals over the troops and citizens I think he decided to really go for it. Schumer had wanted 800K, Trump raised it to 1.8MM and now Schumer says no? Unreal. But if he holds firm on the wall, ending chain migration and the visa lottery PLUS has the 12 year path to citizenship and people who break the law get tossed, it could work very well. And Democrats will have a hard time painting 1.8MM as "bad", they will continue to look stupid.

I thought he described it well during the SOTU speech last night- that in a negotiation both sides have to give up something to get the deal done. And with Pelosi et al sitting on their hands and scowling at everything I think that bodes well for Trump because he seemed reasonable by offering even more than what the Dems asked for in the first place. And lets face it, all the things Trump wants (the wall, chain migration ending and ending the visa lottery) American citizens want. IIRC the last poll of Americans (not just Republicans) was something like 80% for those things. 

Newt predicted the Dems will break into two groups- the crazy progressive left group and the "old style" fiscal conservative Democrats. I think there he may be right. The more the left runs people like Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren up the flag pole the more "Independents" will vote Republican, especially given the successes Trump has had.

I thought it was pretty amazing all the things he listed off last night. Just a crazy amount of positives. That it all occurred within a year is just unreal. Judges, the economy, companies hiring and bringing $ back to the US, ISIS getting hammered, all in 1 year? Crazy.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal