Hello Guest

Author Topic: How much?  (Read 1376 times)

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
How much?
« on: September 19, 2014, 06:33:38 AM »
How much physical hard assets should one have on hand in a SHTF scenario?

For example, how much 90% silver coinage, how much 40% silver coinage, how much paper cash (worthless?) and how much gold & silver bullion?

Obviously, more is better, but what would or should be a comfortable amount?
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: How much?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 02:08:42 PM »
Hard call, but from days when I was running in engin' country we all carried a 1oz gold bar. buy you across a border pdq.
You'll want a folded Benjamin in your B-o-B, in your wallet, and a couple more, like in your "A" bag, at your hide site...buried with your shotgun and ammo., say $400-$500 total

In your safe, the more the better. Silver ounces are perfect. Silver coins as in US and pre 1965 are G-t-G as well. And for the long term part of your survival portfolio, a pound or two of the yellow stuff, mostly in 1 oz. bars or coins but some in 1/10th oz. mini coins

Don't forget to place old rings, jewelry, gold teeth and stuff like that in there as well. I put a hostess Twinkie in there as well!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How much?
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 04:40:17 PM »
Metal prices are lowest I've seen in the year I've been purchasing and paying attention!  Those waiting to purchase can thank me for the drop.....I purchased some silver last week on the way down in price.  True to my pattern it's down further!  Not worried, because its SHTF prep, but still funny how my record is unbroken!  LOL!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal