Hello Guest

Author Topic: Terrorism in America  (Read 3011 times)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Terrorism in America
« on: December 03, 2015, 07:43:02 AM »
I suspect that this thread will be growing in the future.  Its unfortunate but likley.

Regarding the San Bernadino shootings.

A federal law enforcement official said that there were two assault weapons found in the suspects’ SUV — AR15 style rifles. There were also two pistols found in the SUV. Investigators are tracing the weapons to determine if they were legally purchased, where, when and by whom.Officials said both of the dead suspects were dressed in tactical clothing and each had multiple magazines of ammunition attached to the military style clothing that they were wearing.

So Commifornia has the most onerous firearms laws in the country.  What do you want to bet that these peace loving muslims didn't have the low capacity magazines, "fixed" attached magazines, that are required by CA law?

There are three legal ways to own an AR-15/AR-15-type rifle in California:

Registered Assault Weapon

If the rifle was owned before Jan 1, 2000 and registered with the state, it is a Registered Assault Weapon (RAW) under California law. No new registrations are permitted. RAW rifles can have features which are prohibited in unregistered rifles. This category is the only one which allows for the use of the name "AR-15" on the firearm itself, which is owned by the Colt Manufacturing Company. California has banned the AR-15 rifle specifically by name. Therefore, no other rifles are legal to possess with such a name without having first been lawfully registered as an assault weapon with the DOJ. Otherwise, one is in felony possession of an unregistered assault weapon for which no legal remedy exists if kept beyond the previously granted DOJ assault weapon registration grace period.

This style of rifle is made by combining an AR-15 upper receiver with an AR-15 lower receiver which has not been banned by specific name, and which has a fixed, non-detachable 10-round (maximum, anything above 10 is a felony) magazine. In such a configuration, otherwise prohibited features such as a telescoping stock, pistol grip, and flash hider may be present. While formerly prohibited under the now-expired federal assault weapon ban of 1994–2004, the presence of a bayonet lug is not prohibited by California state law and can be present on firearms without violation. However, the magazine cannot be detachable, so to load the rifle the shooter must either "top load" or use a tool to release the magazine lock (such as the tip of a bullet in "bullet button" equipped rifles). To top-load, the shooter pulls the rear takedown pin, hinges the upper receiver on the front pivot pin, and loads the now exposed magazine. Alternatively, several "magazine lock" devices are available which replace the magazine release button with an inset pin that requires the use of a special tool to release the magazine, thereby, disallowing a readily "detachable magazine", to be compliant with California state firearms law.
Featureless Rifle

If a rifle has none of the prohibited features (pistol grip, telescoping or folding stock, flash hider, grenade/flare launcher, forward pistol grip), the rifle may be used with legally owned large-capacity magazines. There are several products available on the market to configure featureless rifles. The California DOJ Bureau of Firearms has attested under oath that the U-15 stock, the Hammerhead Grip and the MonsterMan Grip do not constitute a pistol grip and are therefore legal when used on a detachable magazine semiautomatic centerfire rifle with none of the features listed in CA PC 30515(a)(1)(A-F).[2]
Off-List lower receivers

Most AR-15 manufacturers now make lower receivers which qualify as "Off-List" Lower (OLL) receivers which are legal to possess and use in the state of California. With regard to standard capacity magazine devices, after January 1, 2000, it is illegal to offer for sale, import, manufacture, give, or lend (although it is legal to possess and use) any detachable box magazine with a capacity exceeding 10 cartridges.[3] Individuals possessing such magazines at a lawful location such as a gun range may only allow use of their lawfully owned standard-capacity magazines by another if they are in the immediate vicinity of the person using such items. All magazines acquired after (and including) January 1, 2000 must be a limited capacity of 10 rounds or be in felony possession of an illegal standard-capacity magazine.[4]
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 07:43:34 AM by TexasRedNeck »
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Terrorism in America
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 01:38:20 PM »
A sheriff in a county in NY a couple of hours north of NYC is telling all licensed gun owners that they should carry their weapons.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/12/03/ulster-county-sheriff-carry-guns/

I like that!

Offline rasimmo

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 09:25:36 PM »
I just read that as well. Glad to see at least one elected
Official understands this situation. On top of that he's a Democrat.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 10:55:39 PM »
They are really looking at clamping down on ghost guns too.

The laws are so wishy washy they can always get you
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 11:03:02 PM »
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 10:30:46 PM »
^^^THIS^^^

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 10:37:33 PM »

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2015, 10:41:03 PM »
Rather than start a new thread as it deals with this subject I figure I'll just add this here. As I watched the events unfold in San Bernardino and the cops taking out the two terrorists I was struck by how many cops were deployed to do it. There were cops staged at the site of the shooting. There had to be 30 or more at the location of the car where they were ultimately stopped. The cops deployed 2 Bearcat like vehicles (that was what I heard them described as, I don't know if that's correct).

But here's my point- San Bernardino only has 200,000 people in it so a significant number of these cops were likely state and county cops assisting. So what would have happened if there were 3 sets of two shooters out there in the city....or 30 sets of shooters. All fanned out in different places, all randomly shooting up schools, churches, county centers, malls, etc. There is NO way we would have the police presence to deal with that. We ALL need to be carrying, be aware and be ready.

*rant off

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2015, 11:04:24 PM »
You are correct Wil.  Many believe there will be a coordinated multi active shooter situation soon.

Carrying is the first step.  I believe that we all need to be aware of how best to deal with active shooter situations.

My hope is that some of the well qualified individuals here will provide some useful information.

I've invested in a lot of training but none specific to active shooter.  Active shooter requires quick decisive action.  In CA they killed 14 in less than 1 minute.

Pulling a fire alarm to get people massed up and then opening fire or creating a diversion to move people in a particular direction can be deadly if you aren't ready to assess and adjust.

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2015, 11:35:51 PM »
I read to that these 'individuals' modified the ARs to try and be full auto.

Further proof that laws aren't stopping anybody hellbent on carnage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 10:53:59 AM by Flyin6 »

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2015, 10:50:31 AM »

Also a religion of lies and deceit

Where are the thousands (Millions??) protesting what this deranged muslim did to ruin the good name of Mohammad and his minions?

Deafening silence

Says quite a lot, don't you think?
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2015, 10:59:52 AM »
https://pjmedia.com/trending/2015/12/4/atf-says-weapons-used-in-san-bernardino-shooting-were-illegal-in-california

I see a need here
That being
to
Pass another law,
and post a regulation (or two)
which
would say:

"You need to obey the laws we passed!"

That would fix everything and the radicalized types would then be forced to go to another state with more relaxed gun ownership standards

Makes sense, Right?

All you liberals out there reading this

Do two things

Nod north and south and say

Makes sense to me

Then

go into your bathroom

Look in the mirror

and repeat these lines

I have no brain, therefore I have no need to think
My leaders will tell me what I need to know
Its all good, I'm happy
and gun owners are all hateful, Christian, and stupid!

Then after committing those words to heart

Drive to Arkansas, Alabama, Rural Texas, or Okhaloma

Find a turkey shoot that is going on

And start repeating that which you just memorized

You'll feel much better in just a moment!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal