Hello Guest

Author Topic: Have you forgotten?  (Read 911 times)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Have you forgotten?
« on: February 08, 2016, 08:34:10 PM »
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
Re: Have you forgotten?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 09:11:14 PM »
Never will forget that emotional morning.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 09:21:48 PM »
So lets invite 100,000 of them into our country to show them how compassionate we are.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 03:42:29 PM »
Thanks for posting that TRN. Before the 1st WTC attack in '93 I worked on the 103rd floor of Tower 2. There but for the grace of God....

If you haven't been to the Memorial at Ground Zero I urge you to see it. It is humbling, traumatic, emotional and moving. I was a bubbling idiot the entire time I was there. The way they built it with the walls of water pouring down then another hole in the center where the water pours down like its going down into the earth. Its just so moving. I cant recommend it enough.

And I LOVE that the new tower is bigger and taller. It's the perfect gesture of the middle finger to them all. 

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 08:09:55 PM »
Yes Wil I have been to ground zero. They call that monument "negative space"  I walked around each building footprint and read every name on the apron water jetted in that  1 1/2 inch thick bronze. Every name. 

The one that got me was the name of a Puerto Rican lady "and her unborn child" in have two huge coffee table books I bought at the WTC memorial that give graphic first hand details of the event and aftermath.  I see them every day and think about that atrocity.

I also trained with an ESU guy from NYPD who spent 6 months at G-0. 

It still makes me very angry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 08:21:17 PM »
enjoy it, if anything for me!  I cannot go there because of what it represents to me, just like the VVA wall and the WWII memorial!

I will leave it there!
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal