Hello Guest

Author Topic: Why I'm not a liberal any more article  (Read 1215 times)

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
Why I'm not a liberal any more article
« on: March 04, 2017, 07:44:57 PM »
My oldest daughter sent me this article. It's written by a former fascist communist liberal (for lack of a better description! Ha). She was a liberal all her life and is now a conservative. She writes about a ton of the things we ALL see occurring on the left. But she made some points I had not considered.

http://downtrend.com/robertgehl/american-thinker-top-ten-reasons-i-am-no-longer-a-leftist

Also while it is supposedly from the American Thinker website I couldn't find it there but maybe I wasn't searching correctly. I think American Thinker is a great site. It is pretty simple in how it's put together....just a series of essays on tons of different subjects. Some are pretty long, it's definitely not the sound bite style of writing. But some very articulate and thoughtful people opining on a series of subjects.

Www.americanthinker.com

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Why I'm not a liberal any more article
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 10:03:01 AM »
Good read. A bit long. I skimmed parts.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 01:17:09 PM »
Yeah...I agree. American Thinker usually has essay length stories. Which at times can be a bit much. But they are usually pretty thorough. Ha. I was thinking as I read it that I bet she is not alone.  She clearly was living the liberal mantra for a long time. And if they lost someone like her then someone who was a more "moderate" Democrat would be even more likely to switch. And with the continued craziness in the Dems (riot, destroy stuff, unfettered abortion at any time) they will likely lose more.

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 04:32:10 PM »
I'm with you RE: American Thinker. I read the articles all the time and normally they are spot on.

It is odd that this article is missing. If you search Goska on their website it lists the article then bombs out when you try to pull it up.

The mirror of the article is located here.

http://web.archive.org/web/20170207173647/http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2014/07/ten_reasons_i_am_no_longer_a_leftist.html

Good read. I doubt my wife would make it past the second paragraph though.  :facepalm:

Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 05:48:23 PM »
It is odd that this article is missing. If you search Goska on their website it lists the article then bombs out when you try to pull it up.

Good read. I doubt my wife would make it past the second paragraph though.  :facepalm:

I noticed that too cruizng.....weird.

Yeah my wife often has little patience for lengthy stuff also. But then there are times where I am the ADD one and cant get through it all!  :rolleyes:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal