FOOD CORNER > Share Your Recipe

breakfast burritos

(1/1)

Nate:
so here is a quick recipe for breakfast burritos that you can make ahead a time, throw in the freezer and ready to eat after a few minutes in the microwave (great for single folks like bobby or ones with school age kids (RN, tate or blaine)or even teachers like mike.)

INGREDIENTS:

3lbs ground pork (brown it up with the diced onions)

1 really large yellow onion diced really fine

1-2 packages of shredded cheese

a couple jars of homemade jalapeños (store bought will work)

24 burrito size fresh made tortillas (unless you have a tortilleria nearby you will have to find them in a grocery store of special order them)

2 x 30oz cans of refried beans (you can get fat free ones as well)

18 pack of eggs scrambled

seasoning to your pallet

DIRECTIONS:

warm tortilla (so it does not split)

put a little schmear/dollap of RF beans

then put a spoon full of the eggs, onions and meat mixed together

put a hand full of cheese on top of that

then put a couple/3 jalapeños on top

roll it up, put it on a pan with a little wax paper and put it in the deep freezer for a flash freeze before putting into a Ziploc freezer bag for storage.

when ready, pull one or however many out the night before, place in fridge and nuke for a minute or how ever long you feel it needs to be cooked for, and serve. 

the total cost for me to make 24 of these was

$8 for the tortilla's
$4 for the eggs
$7 for the ground pork
$4 for the 2 cans of RF beans
(already had the cheese and jalapeños)
total: $23-$30

cudakidd53:
Mmmmm, looks good there Nate!

Wilbur:
Ha I used to make breakfast burritos for my kids before school.....they finally told me (after a looking time) "Dad.....we're kind of sick of breakfast burritos" LOL I still love them for all the reasons you mention though. ;) I need to hook up an exhaust manifold cooker warmer for these (when wrapped in tinfoil). So good to have hot food waiting for you when you get someplace. ;)

BobbyB:
I do love a good breakfast burrito in the morning. Generally in the winter with a cup of coffee while watching the snow fall.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version