FOOD CORNER > Share Your Recipe

Baking bread

<< < (2/2)

BobbyB:

--- Quote from: Wilbur on December 21, 2015, 11:56:13 AM ---I think any fresh made bread is great so whether you throw the ingredients together or buy a mix its all good in my mind.

I mentioned a no-knead ciabatta before- here is the recipe. Just so easy....mix it and forget it.

4 cups flour
1/4 tsp yeast
1-1/2 tsp salt
2 cups warm water

Mix it all in a bowl, then cover it with foil and let it rise for 18 hours

Then get a cutting board....wet the board a little and cover it with saran wrap (wetting the board helps the saran wrap stick). Spray the top of the saran wrap with cooking spray (or oil if you have on of those oil "spritzers")

Dump the bread dough from the bowl onto the plastic wrap and loosely shape it into a loaf.

Cover with another sprayed piece of saran wrap, cover with a towel and let it rise another 2 hours

After it has risen get a cookie sheet....oil the pan, sprinkle some corn meal on it

You can "roll it" onto the cookie sheet trying to preserve the shape as best as possible (this bread dough is not firm at all so will sort of "run"...just keep guiding it into the shape you want. Sprinkle some olive oil on top.

Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and bake it for 35-30 minutes

Its good! ;)

--- End quote ---

You say it's not very good for sandwiches but I love Ciabatta bread for breakfast sandwiches. I will have to try this recipe out sometime.

EL TATE:
I tried like the dickens to make a sourdough starter with gluten free flour; (don't ask me why). It took weeks, natural yeast in the air, stirring, adding, removing repeat, and when it would finally start to bubble, and I could move on to the aging step, it would mold over. I love fresh baked bread, and am looking forward to some good recipes here. any real flour sourdough starter/mother recipes here?

Wilbur:
I don't have any Tate....when I was little my mom had sourdough in the cupboard for making it. I don't know when she stopped it though...I would like some as well if anyone has a recipe that works.

EL TATE:
From what i understand, once you get a mother going, they will keep forever

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version