FOOD CORNER > Share Your Recipe

ground beef

(1/2) > >>

Nate:
we have a 10.56lb select brisket getting cubed in preparation for making ground burger meat tomorrow.

EL TATE:
It's delicious and worth it. We run a combo brisket/chuck/short rib and it's heaven. I like cooking in a commercial kitchen but miss having time to prep stuff for myself too. Thanks for making me hungry as always Nate.

Nate:
I go with just brisket, because when you start adding in other stuff like you posted you cannot tell any difference and the extra work and $$$ is for nothing?!

now don't get me wrong when it comes to operating space, I LOVE working in an industrial kitchen because of the room!  but in all reality, if you have a good kitchen setup like myself and kyle then you will not want to deal with industrial type stuff when it comes to cleaning / sanitation.

here are a few pics of my kitchen setup.  to be honest, I REALLY HATE the low counters!  when you stand 6'2" it really hurts your back having to bend over for a long time.  but when you have a wife that is vertically challenged and VERY TOP HEAVY you learn to deal with the low counters.

Wilbur:
Nate there's good and bad in everything.  ;)

Is that brisket you wouldn't otherwise cook as a brisket (BBQ)? just extra? Or do you find it is really superior as burger meat? Just curious.

EL TATE:
My home kitchen is similar in size, I just wish I had a sanitizer and full tile floor w/ central drain to hose down;-) I'm sure you're right on the single cut choice, but this is just what they get into the restaurant and I have no exemplar to compare to. Guess I'll just have to do some up myself and run a taste test!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version