TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > What are you building?

Chief??

(1/6) > >>

Flyin6:
I don't know where to put this, so since it's construction equipment, I'll tuck it in here.

You all may recall I was hot on the trail to purchase a Kobelco 200 Excavator about a year ago. But Richard found a defective drive unit in it so we canned the idea.

But the need remains to this day. I still need a digging machine, like all the time. The 200 unit weighing in at somewhere around 50,000 pounds was a bit big and I really wanted a mid sized machine like a Cat 320 or a John Deere 120 or 160.

Well, this just showed up on Craigslist for sale. At under 6,300 hours it is pretty low time. I have been looking in the 9,000-12,000 hour range and pretty worn. The machine is listed for $24,900 so I might be able to squeak it in for around 20K which is on budget for a machine of this size.

Hitachi is pretty good and obviously lasts forever if taken care of.

The Crawler-Loader is named Sarge. I was going to call the Excavator, "Chief."

I'm wondering if this is indeed, Chief???

Flyin6:
More Pics

stlaser:
I'm assuming after all the sarge post purchase issues you'll be having a proficient equipment mechanic look this machine over thoroughly pre purchase?

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: stlaser on July 15, 2016, 11:09:11 PM ---I'm assuming after all the sarge post purchase issues you'll be having a proficient equipment mechanic look this machine over thoroughly pre purchase?

--- End quote ---
I will

Cost me a few hundred, but with heavy equipment, sorta necessary.

TexasRedNeck:
What color would you paint it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version