TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > Shops Garages and Barns

Wood shop evolution

(1/10) > >>

Flyin6:
I think that somewhere in this site, a long time ago and perhaps in a galaxy far, far away I photoed the transformation of this 25 X 25 foot space into a wood shop.

Over the years I have made improvements and I ma doing some more while I wait for MY FREAKIN' SUBURBAN TO GET FINISHED!

OK, better now...

Anyway I'll start out with the addition of the latest toy in that shop, a dust collector. I have been working down there in the dust filled air for years and the other day I noticed I sprouted a a bit of bark forming on my arm. I guess I have inhaled enough of that sawdust to start to become "Part Tree!"

Anyway after a failed attempt to purchase a used one from a guy I know, I just picked up one from Harbor Freight. And on that note, I have to say, in just the past couple years they are really stepping up the quality. I have now purchased a couple dozen things and almost all of them are still working or have proven to be reliable.

So, the dust collector:

Flyin6:
Starting with a steel base of some substance (Not flimsy) I built the thing up

Flyin6:
It took maybe 1.5 hours and I had a working dust sucker.

For the first test, I hooked up the accessory hose to the planer and fed a few freshly sawn cedar boards through it

Flyin6:
So did it work?

What do you think?

Flyin6:
Cedar board pile transition to purdy woodses

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version