FOOD CORNER > Cooking equipment

Need a frig

(1/4) > >>

Flyin6:
Woke up this morning with a defrosted freezer!!!!!!!!!

We had to cook most of the meat, and there is way too much to save. Lost Chicken, roasts, salmon, the works...

Looking at a good frig/freezer unit

Does anyone know anything about the LG brand?

Looking at this one:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/LG-Electronics-27-8-cu-ft-4-Door-French-Door-Smart-Refrigerator-with-2-Freezer-Drawers-and-Wi-Fi-Enabled-in-Stainless-Steel-LMXS28626S/302253240

Our space will accommodate a 36" X 70" by 36" deep refrigerator. I want the freezer on the bottom in a big deep drawer, a standard two-door refrigerator on top, and this one has a handy refrigerated drawer as well. This one features 28 cu ft and is Wi-Fi...It can even do diagnostics and report to your smartphone.

The price is $2299 @ Costco, $2208 @ Appliance America, and $2398 at Harbor Freight. Most of the time I get an additional 10% off at HD because of the military service so if I could that would reduce the HD frig another $240 down to $2158. HD also includes delivery, and installation, and will haul off the old unit.

Comments?

Sammconn:
I want to say we have a smaller LG one from Costco.
It was bought possibly for the cabin then our basement one died.

It’s been good I suppose.
I would buy another without hesitation.

I think LG is/has proven themselves.

Sucks that it KO’d with so much meat.

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: Sammconn on July 10, 2022, 01:13:48 PM ---I want to say we have a smaller LG one from Costco.
It was bought possibly for the cabin then our basement one died.

It’s been good I suppose.
I would buy another without hesitation.

I think LG is/has proven themselves.

Sucks that it KO’d with so much meat.

--- End quote ---
Ya, sucks!
I budget for food. That budget allows for a gradual buildup so we have a few months of protein should Biden's America stop working. I just lost about a third of that. I'd estimate 20 lbs of various meats at a minimum. Too bad we aren't neighbors; I'd hook you up!

JR:
I really LG, quailty looks good.

Just dealing with TVs I have gone from sanyo-vizio and now LG, LG wins hands down.

Flyin6:
So just for grins, I pulled it away from the wall and then took off the rear cardboard dust cover

There was a winding of cooler tubing ahead of the compressor. It was clogged shut with a pretty thick matt of dog hair and dust. These Bernese Mountain dogs of mine really put out the hair. So I vacuumed it the best I could then got after it with compressed air. Man, what a mess! I had the downstairs looking like a light fog had rolled in

I have been cleaning and vacuuming ever since and finally tossed the towel in calling it good enough.

I reinstalled the rear cover and slid it back into place. I decided to give it until tomorrow morning. If it freezes water, then I'll let it stay there in use. But if not, I'm just going to order a new LG unit and call it a day...There goes my extra concrete parking pad beside the driveway I was planning for the summer!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version