Hello Guest

Author Topic: M715.9  (Read 146421 times)

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: M715.9
« Reply #450 on: June 09, 2016, 12:59:16 PM »
fuel shut off 'solenoid'  :P just a standard universal choke cable..

the working end

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 09, 2016, 01:19:26 PM »
Anything is legal today. Not right, but legal.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 09, 2016, 01:23:19 PM »
Anything is legal today. Not right, but legal.

not sure if that's a complement or..? hahah

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 09, 2016, 01:31:34 PM »
They are cousins,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 09, 2016, 01:38:48 PM »
I'll take it. hahah

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 09, 2016, 06:40:19 PM »
first crank with the gauge cluster in  ;D

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 09, 2016, 07:00:20 PM »

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 09, 2016, 07:07:21 PM »
Sure sounds good. That oil pressure is off the chart though. No boost yet?

I like the intake too. I would like some kind of snorkel on the burb, but not hanging way out the side.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 09, 2016, 07:13:16 PM »
calibrated (at least a lot closer) tach

http://s620.photobucket.com/user/swbhobie16/media/C3ECFB1D-F947-457E-BA37-8227A88A972F.mp4.html

it has boost. just nothing at idle. and you gotta punch it high to get anything suince it's not 'working' yet.

only thing not hooked up yet is the trans temp, and that's bc I don't have a deep tranny pan with bung..

I think my dad said he has 9-10 hrs in the cowl section of the intake lol. and it doesn't have a cap yet.

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 09, 2016, 07:43:04 PM »

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 09, 2016, 10:55:05 PM »

I have to admit, talking to SquareD the other day, it admitted to me that "It" was a bit jealous of this M715.9 thing...
I'm thinking of gettin' it some counseling.

maybe let em move in together. I have a stepdeck I can come get it  ;D
Good idea! Maybe some Lycoming gray will wear off on the Armee Jeep!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 09, 2016, 11:31:11 PM »

I have to admit, talking to SquareD the other day, it admitted to me that "It" was a bit jealous of this M715.9 thing...
I'm thinking of gettin' it some counseling.

maybe let em move in together. I have a stepdeck I can come get it  ;D
Good idea! Maybe some Lycoming gray will wear off on the Armee Jeep!

possibly. but between the industrial blue gray body paint (which is pretty darn tough) and the cummins beige.. not sure much is going to be rubbing off on it. hahah.

I do envy that dry trans in your thread though

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 10, 2016, 08:03:08 AM »
Me too. Like that white paint without the red drops all over it. Amazing how much can leak out of a tiny little fitting

OldKooT

« Reply #463 on: June 10, 2016, 10:38:00 AM »
Looking good.....I should build a snorkel for the Circus Wagon...hmmmm

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 10, 2016, 11:37:17 AM »
Looking good.....I should build a snorkel for the Circus Wagon...hmmmm

just 4" exhaust pipe, 2nd gen I take elbow and a spectre air filter can. lol

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: June 10, 2016, 11:40:04 AM »
Me too. Like that white paint without the red drops all over it. Amazing how much can leak out of a tiny little fitting

I'm hoping my leak is from the trans pan gasket. it has the hydraulic fluid recommended to me from folks on here, so o guess we will see what my trans guy says about it. hahah.

that lycoming (sp?) may just very well end up as engine paint on the next cummins I aquire. hahah.

I am fond of the industrial teal green though..

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 11, 2016, 10:25:14 PM »
my video upload isn't working, but.. she moves!!

tcase shifter in place

the Art Carr bracket had to be slightly modified (since it was intended for a 727 with no OD or LU connection on the case. but with alittle ingenuity and grinding of the trans mount/isolator.. it all works

(looking from pass to driver side, between trans and tcase)

and from driver side, front of vehicle to the left
the crudely finished flat plate bracket will be taken off, rounded, cleaned and painted and most likely triangulated to keep it stationary before final assembly.

some quick glamor shots of the built/chopped top

yep.. that's a split window. hahah. figuring it would add to the character alittle but.. being a flat vertical piece of glass from a Vietnam era military truck. the 4 brackets you see on top are lift points and will function as bases for the roof/cargo rack. LED light bar will be tucked up under the lip of the top, above the windshield in front of the 3" piece of flat sheet metal (should almost disappear when installed)

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 11, 2016, 11:07:46 PM »
Looking fantastic!
Love the split windshield.
Truck looks plain mean, I love it!
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline KensAuto

• My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 11, 2016, 11:22:28 PM »
Sweet, just plain sweet. You have the only build going somewhere. keep up the great work!
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 12, 2016, 01:19:58 AM »

I'm hoping my leak is from the trans pan gasket. it has the hydraulic fluid recommended to me from folks on here, so o guess we will see what my trans guy says about it. hahah.

that lycoming (sp?) may just very well end up as engine paint on the next cummins I aquire. hahah.

I just drained my entire tranny system for my flex plate issue, the tranny looked like new inside a very very small amount of metal on the magnet and that is after 45K miles the hyd fluid still looked and smelled good.  The only draw back is if it's really cold the tranny will "whine" until the fluid gets warmed up.  I am very happy with the JD fluid.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 01:23:06 AM by wilsonphil »

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 12, 2016, 01:23:34 AM »
The project is looking real good

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 12, 2016, 03:40:46 AM »
Looks great. Solid old school build.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 12, 2016, 06:06:44 AM »

I just drained my entire tranny system for my flex plate issue, the tranny looked like new inside a very very small amount of metal on the magnet and that is after 45K miles the hyd fluid still looked and smelled good.  The only draw back is if it's really cold the tranny will "whine" until the fluid gets warmed up.  I am very happy with the JD fluid.

this is great to hear. I still have a small leak, I believe from the pan gasket. but since it's not a crucial piece to finish the truck, it will be addressed once it's driving.. and it'll end up with a B&M deep pan with temp sensor port eventually. it's the only gauge I have that doesn't do anything at the moment, but wanted it there when I wired it all in so I knew what I was working with and could make the wiring as neat as possible. I'll just wait until the deep pan goes on to fix the gasket unless it looks like that might take awhile..

also, it never really gets 'really cold' here. hahah. so I might be in decent shape so far as that goes. there's a brake fluid leak on the pass caliper that needs to be addressed.. but other than that I think the 'stopping' is just about buttoned up. id like to put a line lock in for the rear brake/parking brake. that'll do away with the cable and foot pedal for the Ebrake as well. I have a place for it once we get it going, just plumb it in after the fact.

next hurdle is bolting the top down, finishing up work on the bed and painting that. then mating the two back together for the first time in 8-10 months.

the open stake pockets have been capped with sheet metal to prevent water from entering and rusting the inside. some more tie down points will be welded in place before it gets line-x'd. we will also be adding a 5th wheel mount that bolts to the frame and is accessible through a cubby hole in the bed. (I believe that is still his plan) not that it'll tow all the time, but would be nice to have the option to hook a trailer with my moms CJ on it and cruise to the beach for the week

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 12, 2016, 06:29:49 AM »
and thanks to everyone else for the kind words. it reassures me that I'm going in the right direction with the build knowing that others like it as well. hahah

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 12, 2016, 10:50:24 AM »
the moment you've all been waiting for..

he's as happy as a kid on Christmas. now, if it'll do 70mph.. he'll be thrilled.

http://s620.photobucket.com/user/swbhobie16/media/7C79448D-E793-4EBC-944D-7D90767AF2E3.mp4.html

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 12, 2016, 11:11:17 AM »
Yup, he has a smile like a kid. I would.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 12, 2016, 04:54:13 PM »

this is great to hear. I still have a small leak, I believe from the pan gasket. but since it's not a crucial piece to finish the truck, it will be addressed once it's driving.. and it'll end up with a B&M deep pan with temp sensor port eventually. it's the only gauge I have that doesn't do anything at the moment, but wanted it there when I wired it all in so I knew what I was working with and could make the wiring as neat as possible. I'll just wait until the deep pan goes on to fix the gasket unless it looks like that might take awhile..

also, it never really gets 'really cold' here. hahah. so I might be in decent shape so far as that goes. there's a brake fluid leak on the pass caliper that needs to be addressed.. but other than that I think the 'stopping' is just about buttoned up. id like to put a line lock in for the rear brake/parking brake. that'll do away with the cable and foot pedal for the Ebrake as well. I have a place for it once we get it going, just plumb it in after the fact.

next hurdle is bolting the top down, finishing up work on the bed and painting that. then mating the two back together for the first time in 8-10 months.

the open stake pockets have been capped with sheet metal to prevent water from entering and rusting the inside. some more tie down points will be welded in place before it gets line-x'd. we will also be adding a 5th wheel mount that bolts to the frame and is accessible through a cubby hole in the bed. (I believe that is still his plan) not that it'll tow all the time, but would be nice to have the option to hook a trailer with my moms CJ on it and cruise to the beach for the week

If you have a few hours to kill there is a pretty good discussion here about some of the different fluids that people are trying and using. 

http://www.theturboforums.com/threads/303735-Tractor-fluid-instead-of-ATF

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 12, 2016, 10:38:41 PM »
so this is what my dad has come up with as a second iteration of the center console. not sure if I like the angled shifter and cut out adjacent to it on the passenger side.. but it's taking shape. the forward sloping section between the front of the shifter and bottom of the dash is for mounting either a radio head unit or Vintage air HVAC control, whichever comes first. (I'm hoping HVAC since it currently has no heater either.. 24 volt original. hahah)

this was the first go-round

the final will have 2 cup holders and most likely a pistol holster clip/recess to easily slip a concealed holster into and still have access to it. and no the '

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 12, 2016, 10:52:27 PM »
This is a sweet build. Was kind of hoping it would go up for sale, jus sayin :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 12, 2016, 11:05:44 PM »
This is a sweet build. Was kind of hoping it would go up for sale, jus sayin :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

everything is for sale.. hahaha.

I'll be more than happy to build you one, put it on the step deck and send it to the lone star state..

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #480 on: July 12, 2016, 11:06:13 PM »
Taking shape nicely.

For concealed setup, try the push to open magnetic furniture clasps or just magnetic. I have been thinking about those on mine. Totally concealed but easy access with a push.

So are you staying 24v or going 12v?

Thomas Jefferson

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 13, 2016, 05:52:25 AM »
it'll be a 12 volt system. just to keep things simple

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 13, 2016, 09:16:20 AM »
I totally enjoy watching this build!

We have to have a pic of that thing sitting next to SquareD and Sarge...Kinda like a reunion of long lost cousins!

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 13, 2016, 09:17:03 AM »

We have to have a pic of that thing sitting next to SquareD and Sarge...Kinda like a reunion of long lost cousins!

Who's going to tow Square D to the photo site?

;D
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 13, 2016, 09:42:47 AM »

;D

Oh no, you just didn't go there, Airborne!

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 13, 2016, 10:00:44 AM »

;D

Oh no, you just didn't go there, Airborne!

I did.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 13, 2016, 11:19:11 AM »
I mean.. we have a step deck that can fit both of them on there to bring them to NC..

or my brother can arrange a transfer via C 130 to MCAS cherry point.. he is a load master ya know.

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 23, 2016, 11:03:56 AM »
picked up the exact same thread sert tool don grabbed and started putting the center console together

I'll get some better pics of it once I get back home tomorrow. hoping my dad is able to get the bed body work done too to be able to paint both the bed and console at the same time (going to keep it body color to flow into the dash)

and more brown Santa parts!!

hot rod turn signal switch that 'thinks' for itself when pressing the brake and turn signal on at the same time, with integrated hazard light switch and 40" LED light bar to hang under the visor on the front. now, it can be bolted up and the excess visor cut off to clean it up and allow for paint.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 27, 2016, 12:36:42 PM »
So you and your dad don't do this kind of fabrication work professionally?
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 27, 2016, 06:33:32 PM »
Isn't the battery in the driver's foot well going to make things a little cramped?  :o

;)
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 27, 2016, 08:26:52 PM »

no sir.

at least.. not yet. hoping this turns in to sort of a rolling billboard of sorts. we shall see

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 27, 2016, 08:31:28 PM »
Isn't the battery in the driver's foot well going to make things a little cramped?  :o

;)

with another $500k in Govnt grants, thousands of miles road tested and a panel of people off the street.. we will know whether or not it is.

hahaha

battery trays will be be cut into the inner fender wells, just behind the front core support/just outboard of the radiator on either side.  hopefully that takes shape after we get back from Manhattan

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 28, 2016, 10:35:25 AM »

no sir.

at least.. not yet. hoping this turns in to sort of a rolling billboard of sorts. we shall see
Well, RMTWS is happy to promote you right along. I/we appreciate good craftsmanship.

Now if you want the project to really matter on another level

When someone gets all interested in this

and they will

Remember to tell them about the one who gave you these skills

Then watch what happens to this thing and your perspective business!

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 28, 2016, 02:02:04 PM »
well.. I can guarantee it isn't all by my doing that's for sure. someone somewhere has a greater thing in mind that just tinkering in my parents basement. I was just fortunate enough to be a vessel through which they are visible..

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 29, 2016, 10:33:22 AM »
Maturity in one's Christian walk comes with the realization that all that good stuff...Wasn't you

It was the holy spirit within you!

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: August 05, 2016, 12:36:56 PM »
cup holders.. installed

one the trans switches are located in the console, hopefully it'll be ready to paint and then install.

working on the bed metal work (holes cut, D rings installed and sending unit hole in floor of bed cut/installed) before it gets line-x'd next week (tentatively)

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 05, 2016, 08:47:42 PM »
Important items for sure.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 07, 2016, 10:04:20 PM »
got some work done on the truck this weekend

new 'black out' light.. hahah

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 07, 2016, 10:10:53 PM »
center console painted and bolted down

semi poor quality.. but decals on the fuel fill cap

if it appears that there is one black and one white letter decal cap, it's bc the second picture is taken with a flash. that's military grade black reflective tape. appears as a semi gloss black decal in day light, but lights up like tapetum lucidum when hit with a light.

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 08, 2016, 12:48:21 AM »
Reflective black? Why would they want that?

It all looks good, whats the news on that seat?

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal