Hello Guest

Author Topic: Home made Irish Cream (Baileys)  (Read 9040 times)

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Home made Irish Cream (Baileys)
« on: February 27, 2015, 01:35:23 PM »
I don't want to promote abuse, but I really enjoy an Irish cream coffee on the weekends.

Recipe is quite simple:
1 can of sweetened condensed milk. (Brand doesn't matter)
12-14 ounces of vodka, or other white spirits in the 40-45% range.
1 Pint of whipping cream. (Must use whipping as others are too light)
Dash of real vanilla
Squirt of chocolate syrup

I don't measure the vanilla or chocolate and as such have different flavours all the time.

Place all ingredients into blender and blend for 10-15 seconds.

Enjoy.
It's that easy.
Makes about 40 ounces, so be careful of the expiry date on the cream
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 12:04:31 AM by Sammconn »
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Home made Irish Cream (Baileys)
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 03:03:57 PM »
OOOH this is a good one. I too enjoy a little of the four-leaf-creme in my coffee around the morning fire when camping... this will be a treat to try out!
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 03:47:55 PM »
so would I be able to use homemade vanilla extract for this????
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 05:47:17 PM »
I can't see why not Nate. It's just there for a bit of flavour so I'd say go for it.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 05:54:08 PM »
just messin with yah a little here, but you have read my recipe for homemade vanilla extract right?  ;D
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 07:27:26 PM »
Sure have. I went with a 'vanilla vodka' variant. One bean in 26 oz, yellowed out a bit and nice flavour.
Sam

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 11:49:47 PM »
You boyz found a weakness of mine...Baileys

I'd smuggle 4-5 bottles of liquor into Kandahar every time I came in country. 4 bottles to trade with the Army or Air Force guys and one bottle of Baileys for me and the guys for those special occasions.

A bottle of Vodka once fetched us a 30KW generator, another time a HMMV, which the Romanians later stole from us. Then for a water bottle filled with vodka you could get a 40' container, as in the steel ones that 18 wheelers cart all over creation. It could also score you things that go bang and boom!

OK, what were we talking about?
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 07:58:07 AM »
I never tire of hearing those stories Don.  The secondary barter system in the service is fascinating.  Sammcomm, great idea and thanks for sharing.  Great winter addition to quoffee as Big D would say.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2015, 09:55:05 AM »
I never tire of hearing those stories Don.  The secondary barter system in the service is fascinating.  Sammcomm, great idea and thanks for sharing.  Great winter addition to quoffee as Big D would say.
Believe me, my friend that was only the teny-tiny tip of the iceberg. We trade for rides on jets to different countries, tractors, tools, fuel, steaks, a gator, was working on a 4 engine Russian cargo plane, but that would have been too obvious. We trade for labor...Got my entire ramp and complex built for two fifths of jack and a cookout for the Air Force folks who built it for me.
That one was funny. On the Mustang ramp, which was, err, I think some air-cav guys, down on one corner first a trailer, then two, then two helicopters, then 1,2,3,4- forty foot vans, then another helicopter, then a big covered deck with a barbeque pit, then another helicopter, then two more helicopters...and all under the nose of the Armee. Finally some one asked the big question..."What are you guys doing here?"
By that time I was flying all the generals and Sergeant Majors around in my leather seat air conditioned AW139 so no one was gonna mess with me. It got ugly when some butt of a Marine full Colonel who thought he invented warfare came to take command of the place. Now you don't mess around on HIS airfield, during HIS watch!
we subtly took care of the man and life went on...we removed two helicopters but within two months had two more Pumas right back in there.

You see all the senior Armee pilots were always hanging around over at my place trying to get a job or trading for "stuff" I had or just wanting to be heard and vent. I took care of them and they looked the other way. Then when that unit left country all the "Stuff" I had borrowed from them, simply fell off the books.

I think it has probably always been done that way.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2015, 10:27:37 AM »
acquisitions, i have stories on this. 

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2015, 05:22:23 PM »
Did we trade over there?
Offer you a Captain Morgan for a used 155mm howitzer or something?

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2015, 10:40:16 AM »

It makes the world go round.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2015, 10:46:58 PM »
So I've made a modification to the recipe.
We had company up and they commented that it was on the sweet side.
I tended to agree once it was brought up.
Version next:
1 can condensed milk
16 ounces clear spirits 40ish%
Dash of chocolate surup
Dash of vanilla (both to taste)
One quart heavy cream

Problem is it makes nearly 2 quarts and now I have a coffee problem.
Sam

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal