Hello Guest

Author Topic: 1911 vs bretta vs glock talk  (Read 5651 times)

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 1911 vs bretta vs glock talk
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2019, 07:40:05 AM »
I don't unless someone I do business with wants to meet there or my oldest wants something.

But when I do step in, I want to make a statement.....lol

I prefer BRCC CAF

Now there's a new business platform BRCC Walk-in Shops, complete with antics!  Christmas Carols with AR's!  CCW welcomed and given a discount!  Hipsters BEWARE!!!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2019, 09:26:59 AM »
Was this thread about .45's or quoffee, or starbucks or ccw, or???

Anyhow, I said I'd post pics of mine, but I know I have posted them before here somewhere. None the less, he was my retirement gift from the men of the last unit I served with in the Armee...

And a cool thing about this particular lot of 1991's. They were manufactured for GrandPas, a local thing at Ft. Campbell and made from surplus GI parts. So, indeed there is a bit of the Army past embedded in this weapon.

The guys made the case themselves
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2019, 09:29:58 AM »
Grips are engraved black onyx. Soldiers wear their combat patch on the right shoulder, their unit of assignment on their left. The electric horse, is 1st Special Operations Command, just known as SOCOM. The screaming Eagle is the 101st Airborne Division, "Screaming Eagles"

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2019, 09:31:55 AM »
Each cartridge engraved with dates of Rank, WO1, CW2, CW3, CW4 and so forth

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2019, 09:34:39 AM »
The man who actually presented it to me, CW2 Jody Egnor was one of my students and later friend. I poured my heart into this man and he went on to join up the very Special Operations Regiment I had come from. He was killed on a hostage rescue mission against communist guerrillas in the Philippines. They rescued the wife of an American missionary.

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2019, 07:45:48 AM »
Nice piece, Don! BTW, you got five rounds there. I 1=WO1, 2=CW2, 3=CW3, 4=CW4, what does round five represent?
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2019, 10:23:04 AM »
Nice piece, Don! BTW, you got five rounds there. I 1=WO1, 2=CW2, 3=CW3, 4=CW4, what does round five represent?
Dunno...You expect me to:
1. Remember?
2. Be able to read print that small?

But, heck you have me interested, have to dig it out and investigate...Maybe join-retirement dates???

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2019, 01:01:26 AM »
Dunno...You expect me to:
1. Remember?
2. Be able to read print that small?

But, heck you have me interested, have to dig it out and investigate...Maybe join-retirement dates???

Whatever it is, that is one helluva gift from the unit. Awesome!
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2019, 10:53:13 AM »
Yea it really humbled me

And the lesson

You've heard that whatever you give, you get back ten fold...

I know I've told this story, but I had to teach several captains who were debating giving our departing commander some gift. I led by example (Taking no personal credit here) and bought the man a .45 and engraved it. I heard that later on when he was commander of the 160th, he was seen wearing that thing on his hip!

I showed them personal sacrifice and not all that long afterward, that lesson circled back on me. Plant a lot of seeds, and a few will fall on fertile ground. Our Army is still a place of honor, albeit occupied at various levels with opportunists, there are a bunch of warriors in the mix, and those precious folks will make the difference when our nation calls.

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2019, 01:15:16 AM »
Yea it really humbled me

And the lesson

You've heard that whatever you give, you get back ten fold...

I know I've told this story, but I had to teach several captains who were debating giving our departing commander some gift. I led by example (Taking no personal credit here) and bought the man a .45 and engraved it. I heard that later on when he was commander of the 160th, he was seen wearing that thing on his hip!

I showed them personal sacrifice and not all that long afterward, that lesson circled back on me. Plant a lot of seeds, and a few will fall on fertile ground. Our Army is still a place of honor, albeit occupied at various levels with opportunists, there are a bunch of warriors in the mix, and those precious folks will make the difference when our nation calls.

Amen, Don!
~Sean M. Davis

Μολων Λαβε

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal