Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1327516 times)

OldKooT

Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #7100 on: July 21, 2018, 10:56:06 AM »
Investment advice no one will like.

Don't spend what you earn...see how easy that is?

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7101 on: July 21, 2018, 11:02:27 AM »

& hanging around Norm is bad for your pocketbook too!  :popcorn:
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Online Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7102 on: July 21, 2018, 11:06:49 AM »

Sez the man with 14 barns full of stuff! ;-))
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7103 on: July 21, 2018, 11:08:37 AM »
What do you all think of this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What is that frikkin crap?

Saw that and thought I was back at the airport in Kabul

Gave me an anxiety attack and a bit of PTSD

There's ugly, then there's just stupid

That is one of the two...

OldKooT

« Reply #7104 on: July 21, 2018, 11:08:45 AM »
lol maybe..... but I probably saved you some jail time. This is how it really happened.

Guy runs his mouth, you want to educated him. Then you think about how much crap I would give you that you got arrested in flip flops and hemp socks.  :cheesy:

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7105 on: July 21, 2018, 11:11:45 AM »
lol maybe..... but I probably saved you some jail time. This is how it really happened.

Guy runs his mouth, you want to educated him. Then you think about how much crap I would give you that you got arrested in flip flops and hemp socks.  :cheesy:

Norm, I never go into large crowds in flip flops (they actually make hemp socks? who knew!) and for the record I just wanted them to go away along within everyone else within 30 foot radius.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 11:13:01 AM by stlaser »

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7106 on: July 21, 2018, 11:19:47 AM »

Norm, I never go into large crowds in flip flops (they actually make hemp socks? who knew!) and for the record I just wanted them to go away along within everyone else within 30 foot radius.
I was at a gas station when a car full of illegals pulled up and immediately threw out their trash onto the ground. Without thinking, I just shouted, "Pick it up." They looked at me like with this how dare you expression. They left when I did not budge, probably thinking I was a cop. What they didn't know was my 9 was a couple feet away, and at the first sight of a weapon, I'd have capped all four of them.

I spoke at a latin church saying my views about this illegal attitude of entitlement. The people listening, mostly illegals agreed with me. They don't like these creeps either. I'd say when the opportunity arises, we hand them their asses and refuse to tolerate unamerican anything.

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7107 on: July 21, 2018, 11:24:30 AM »
Nate, Daughter, right?

OldKooT

« Reply #7108 on: July 21, 2018, 11:29:04 AM »
Don.....

Those sheds are full of Junk...ask anyone. Recently I decided I should clean one out. I was able to deduct the dumpster as a business expense. The garbage company was nice enough to tack on the entire years garbage bill to the dumpster price.

I then found 217 manual transmission flywheels I bought 6 years ago for $3.00 for the entire pile at a auction. I know how many because I counted them and sold them to the local gun shop for $5 a piece. I found 142 driveshafts from school buses I paid $50 for that entire pile at a auction also. Sold them to the same gun-shop for $5 a pop.

I found a old 20hp Chrysler outboard engine. Turns out I paid $25 for it. Sold it to the local boat repair place for a restoration he's doing for a customer for $500...still had the $25 in grease pen on it.

Found a old pair of fenders and running boards for a 34 Ford coupe in there. I got them free for removing the 34 Ford from a ravine. The fenders was all that was left of it really. But turns out they were worth $1200 to a dude building a all steel roadster.

Most importantly...after all the work cleaning that place out, I found the Toro push mower bag I was looking for.

I knocked the shed over with the skid loader, the barn boards brought $6 a running foot in the big city because.... city people lol

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7109 on: July 21, 2018, 11:30:21 AM »

I was at a gas station when a car full of illegals pulled up and immediately threw out their trash onto the ground. Without thinking, I just shouted, "Pick it up." They looked at me like with this how dare you expression. They left when I did not budge, probably thinking I was a cop. What they didn't know was my 9 was a couple feet away, and at the first sight of a weapon, I'd have capped all four of them.

I spoke at a latin church saying my views about this illegal attitude of entitlement. The people listening, mostly illegals agreed with me. They don't like these creeps either. I'd say when the opportunity arises, we hand them their asses and refuse to tolerate unamerican anything.

Let’s be clear, entitlement knows no race. This last Christmas a week prior I go into local post office with a mile long line. Older guy white guy (baby boomer age) sees me coming and is packaging up a box on a counter in lobby. He rushes to get it sealed up and in line before I get there and leaves his trash all over counter. So as I’m standing behind him I ask is that your trash rather loudly so all can hear. He looks back at me in disbelief and then at the trash. Then has the audacity to tell me not to worry about it. My reply went something along the lines of well if you knew enough to pick up after yourself I wouldn’t have to.....

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7110 on: July 21, 2018, 11:42:15 AM »
Norm, I as well as the irs understand to a degree you don’t have to be a smart business man. I’ve personally known a lot of dumb ones. However, I would love to be a fly on the wall of that gunshop audit... :rolleyes:

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7111 on: July 21, 2018, 07:40:44 PM »
I VERY PATIENTLY waited exactly 10 years and 20 days for this moment!
What does that mean Nate?

Nate, Daughter, right?

That is correct.

And this is my granddaughter
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 07:43:06 PM by nmeyer414 »
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7112 on: July 21, 2018, 09:19:34 PM »
Congrats Nate!!! Awesome

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7113 on: July 21, 2018, 11:21:26 PM »
       I have been so busy once we got home from vacation. I haven't kept up on what up on here.
       Something killed all my chickens and most of my ducks while we were away. I set traps out. The critters just roll the traps over and shake out the bait. So OK fine. I just kept feeding them all week. Hot dogs and marshmallows. Tonight I staked the traps down and hung the bait in there. The easy supper wont be so easy this time.
    With the chickens all gone I started fresh. I went and got 1 sheep, 4 Geese, 11 ducks and 2 hens. One with babies, one sitting on eggs. Did a major no no and moved the nest. The guy I got them from was moving so it had to be done. We will see what happens.
     Picked up a new job trucking. Hauling rock for a big construction company on a highway job. Not a great paying job but its picking up the slack from the crop prices.
     Some of you might remember me saying my mother in law was moving up here to Nebraska from Kentucky. She is adjusting pretty well so far. She can,t stand driving by a hog confinement or feed lot. She holds her nose. We laugh and say thats the smell of money!

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7114 on: July 21, 2018, 11:22:58 PM »
Should catch something.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7115 on: July 22, 2018, 12:09:04 AM »
So I had a hook up on this big round thing, I used to play on this when I was a youth, no idea why my buddies grandpa had it on the farm but I tell ya what, I am glad he still had it so he could give it to me. 

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7116 on: July 22, 2018, 12:18:06 AM »
You have a big steel uni-ball? Better than no balls I guess!  :tongue:

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7117 on: July 22, 2018, 12:21:00 AM »
https://youtu.be/_W-fIn2QZgg

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7118 on: July 22, 2018, 07:24:34 AM »
Actually Shawn I was thinking

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7119 on: July 22, 2018, 08:13:07 AM »
Can’t upload images for some reason

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7120 on: July 22, 2018, 08:14:38 AM »

Ah got it. 

This is my error message

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7121 on: July 22, 2018, 09:06:05 AM »
Actually Shawn I was thinking

Dave, I think we need to see your work boots... :popcorn:

OldKooT

« Reply #7122 on: July 22, 2018, 10:18:07 AM »
We spent yesterday at the drag strip. The day started innocently enough, got a call at 9am from a friend asking if we could please run him down a blower drive belt because his was slipping. So we ran down to my shop, grabbed all 4 of the spare belts we had, and headed the 110miles to the track. (mistake #1 we took Kells white stang)

To get into the track it's $20 a person. Or $30 to race the car, and then 2 people get in free for each car. So naturally I paid the $30 (mistake #2)

Helped said friend change his blower drive belt and Kell wanted to stick around to watch him run.  Meantime they tech her white car because we paid to race see..

Long story short, since they had heads up grudge racing all day between events, while helping our friend Dial in his GT500 and sort out a odd blower drive belt slipping issue....Kell thought it would be fun to see how fast her White car is in street trim.

19 runs latter....half a tank of E85, half the rear tires gone, she had her answer. Best time of the day was a 11.72 127.68mph  run. Not to shabby for a street tune, no slicks, on a 90 degree day.

Our friends GT500 on the booze with slicks ran a 9.87 141.27mph  also a street car Mon-Fri 

Still haven't mowed the lawn...

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7123 on: July 22, 2018, 10:54:51 AM »
       I have been so busy once we got home from vacation. I haven't kept up on what up on here.
       Something killed all my chickens and most of my ducks while we were away. I set traps out. The critters just roll the traps over and shake out the bait. So OK fine. I just kept feeding them all week. Hot dogs and marshmallows. Tonight I staked the traps down and hung the bait in there. The easy supper wont be so easy this time.
    With the chickens all gone I started fresh. I went and got 1 sheep, 4 Geese, 11 ducks and 2 hens. One with babies, one sitting on eggs. Did a major no no and moved the nest. The guy I got them from was moving so it had to be done. We will see what happens.
     Picked up a new job trucking. Hauling rock for a big construction company on a highway job. Not a great paying job but its picking up the slack from the crop prices.
     Some of you might remember me saying my mother in law was moving up here to Nebraska from Kentucky. She is adjusting pretty well so far. She can,t stand driving by a hog confinement or feed lot. She holds her nose. We laugh and say thats the smell of money!

We lost our second Barred Rock last night. Down to 19 chickens and 1 rooster now. I’ve had a cage trap out but nothing has messed with it so I’m thinking it’s a fox. We’ve seen them in the yard several times and had pictures of them on game cameras back in the winter.

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7124 on: July 22, 2018, 12:22:45 PM »
So I had a hook up on this big round thing, I used to play on this when I was a youth, no idea why my buddies grandpa had it on the farm but I tell ya what, I am glad he still had it so he could give it to me. 

Picked it up with a John Deere I see

I suppose you should be happy one of the lift cylinders didn't snap off and drop your ball on that shiny pickup!

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7125 on: July 22, 2018, 12:44:22 PM »
I caught a single raccoon last night. But There were foot prints on the triggers in the other traps. I looked closer at the one I dispatched and she appears to have been nursing babies. So I had to adjust the mechanism to be a hair trigger. I don't think the little buggers are heavy enough to trip it. They will be back tonight where they left mamma.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7126 on: July 23, 2018, 12:08:56 AM »
Picked this little guy up on amazon Monday prime day whatever blah blah blah

It’s small, compact enough to carry in a backpack
Jump starts a car, can charge wireless devices or phones, cameras....

I’ll give it a shot, friend carries one in his moto bag, to run his backup lighting for Emergancy or if a GoPro dies

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7127 on: July 23, 2018, 01:06:59 AM »
Just got back from the yearly guys trip to the hills. Wish I would've taken some vids of the lightening storms this year... pretty wild.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7128 on: July 23, 2018, 07:11:05 AM »
How’s the toy hauler holding up Ken?

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7129 on: July 23, 2018, 09:00:14 AM »
I VERY PATIENTLY waited exactly 10 years and 20 days for this moment!
What does that mean Nate?

Nate, Daughter, right?

That is correct.

And this is my granddaughter

Congrats Nate! Cute kid.  :likebutton:
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7130 on: July 23, 2018, 11:34:37 AM »
Haven't used it since last year Tex, except for being a guest quarters.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7131 on: July 23, 2018, 12:27:03 PM »
Haven't used it since last year Tex, except for being the dog house where my wife sends me when she’s mad at me
FIFY

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7132 on: July 23, 2018, 12:49:39 PM »
That has happened. No denying it...best night's sleep ever. lol

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7133 on: July 23, 2018, 07:10:40 PM »
Finished up some elcheapo shelving for steel parts storage. Need to build at least one more across back wall yet.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7134 on: July 23, 2018, 07:40:29 PM »
with the price of lumber, that's not cheap.  $5+ for a 10ft 2x4????

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7135 on: July 23, 2018, 07:52:01 PM »
8 footers $3.70 each, you priced heavy duty racking lately?

& as all preppers know space is money, this fits that exact space how I need it.

$85 in this plus some screws I had as I buy those in bulk.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 07:54:30 PM by stlaser »

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7136 on: July 23, 2018, 08:24:08 PM »
Nice
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7137 on: July 23, 2018, 10:04:03 PM »
Shouldn't you have used something a little heavier? ya know, like half a dozen 4x6's covered in 4x4's?  :rolleyes:

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7138 on: July 23, 2018, 10:13:45 PM »
Shouldn't you have used something a little heavier? ya know, like half a dozen 4x6's covered in 4x4's?  :rolleyes:

Well, I didn’t take photo of other wall but I used 1x planks for the shelves. That shelf cost twice as much. When you consider that there might very well be 1000# on that shelf it’s not really overkill.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7139 on: July 23, 2018, 10:53:14 PM »
Northern tool had 6 ft racks on sale for $125 and a coupon for $20 off.

They hold 2000 on each shelf.

:-)

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7140 on: July 23, 2018, 10:55:13 PM »
Northern tool had 6 ft racks on sale for $125 and a coupon for $20 off.

They hold 2000 on each shelf.

:-)

Yeah, over prebuilt racks. Bought hd unit for hundy & it don’t hold s***..

Or in Ken terms wouldn’t hold H’s left butt cheek!

I broke it ten minutes after I assembled it.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 10:58:13 PM by stlaser »

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7141 on: July 23, 2018, 11:27:54 PM »
Now that’s not very nice

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7142 on: July 24, 2018, 12:40:15 AM »
I learned today that if pesky door to door solicitors show up at your house after 9pm that is legal in our town.

I also learned if you ask them for their permit and they hand it to you they have to request it back to file theft charges against you. However, if they drop it and run away that is considered littering.

It is also wise if you’re doing door to door sales to know the town ordinances and not run away after I tell you I have a no soliciting sign (which is unenforceable) & am calling the police.

Since that nice young man left his $25 permit I handed it over to the police and told them the guy with his name on it left / littered with it on my property.

Sure hope they find him so he isn’t out $25
 :tongue:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 01:00:57 AM by stlaser »

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7143 on: July 24, 2018, 06:52:19 AM »
Doing some SUV shopping. The steering on my wife's traverse has locked up on her twice now. Mechanic says he cant find anything wrong. Everything looks good. no leaks and so on. But what he did find is the entire rear suspension is shot. We just put new struts on the front and alignment. but it is still chewing up tires. So its parked for now until we find something else. I bought it with hail damage at a "hail sale" so we wont get much for it. She wants an infinity. I don't know anything about them so time to read up on them.

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7144 on: July 24, 2018, 09:57:38 AM »
Doing some SUV shopping. The steering on my wife's traverse has locked up on her twice now. Mechanic says he cant find anything wrong. Everything looks good. no leaks and so on. But what he did find is the entire rear suspension is shot. We just put new struts on the front and alignment. but it is still chewing up tires. So its parked for now until we find something else. I bought it with hail damage at a "hail sale" so we wont get much for it. She wants an infinity. I don't know anything about them so time to read up on them.

Jon, We have owned several Infiniti's and they have all been extremely solid. They are just a very nice Nissan. My wife currently drives a 2005 Armada that has close to 200K and other than normal maintenance we haven't done a thing to it. My son is driving a 2008 G35X with 115K miles with no problems at all other than a headlight assembly that collects moisture. I would hesitate to buy a Infiniti again. Well other than the fact that they aren't built in the USA.  :knucklehead:
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7145 on: July 24, 2018, 12:01:00 PM »

Tell me about it... just got done replacing the steering rack and struts on my wife's Acadia which involves dropping the engine/trans...  So, since that required disconnecting the A/C, I took the opportunity to replace all the A/C components, minus the lines. These Lambdas are plagued with A/C issues - turns out it looked like our leak was at the rear evaporator (had green dye all over the fins). Also noticed a drop of oil on the bottom of engine - looked dark enough to be motor oil, so my thought was rear main seal, so while it was dropped, I pulled the trans and flexplate - seal looked fine. Only other thing it could be is the torque converter seal into the trans, so replaced that instead.  Oh, and then noticed the water pump had some gel looking stuff around the outside of it on the front cover, so replaced that too, along with a new t-stat. Put a Transgo shift kit in the trans at the same time (like for the Allison).

If you want to keep it Jon, there is a 150K mi extended coverage program on the P/S pump if it is experiencing the issues that they deem warrant replacement. Ours was whining and stuttering when you'd turn the wheel. Got the pump replaced for free, that's when they told me the rack was leaking and it needed struts -- to the tune of $3K. All in - I did all of that above for about $1200.

Look into that P/S pump. If the rack needs replaced, you could do it without completely dropping the engine, but you'll still need to disconnect the rear drive shaft (if AWD), exhaust pipes, various things on the engine, then drop the rear end of the engine cradle so you can snake the rack out/in.
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7146 on: July 25, 2018, 12:12:19 AM »
You put a shift kit in hour wife’s Arcadia????for real how awesome is that!

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7147 on: July 25, 2018, 01:10:57 AM »
You put a shift kit in hour wife’s Arcadia????for real how awesome is that!

Lol I figured while I had it apart might as well try to make things mo-better!

TransGo sk-6t70 it was like $70. Just replaces some valves just like the one for the Allison and included the rubber grommets for the shift solenoids which is good because I had one that was bad. Didn’t get any pics of that though.

Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7148 on: July 25, 2018, 07:26:01 AM »
Shift kit in an Acadia is pretty freakin cool. I had to spend the night in the hospital last night. Monday morning I woke up with some pretty severe joint pain and stiffness in places where I usually don’t hurt. By noon I felt like I would be a liability at work so I went home. By yesterday afternoon the pain and weakness had spread to my muscles and was bad enough I had to use both hands to turn door knobs and walking down stairs was a challenge. As of now the dr suspects I have a some sort of blood illness from being bitten by a tick. I haven’t seen a tick in months but who knows. This morning they’re going to start another round of tests to try and narrow it down. They kept me over night because I had a high fever, pulse of 161, systolic pressure reaching 200, and was showings signs of kidney malfunction. Those are all far from normal for me.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7149 on: July 25, 2018, 07:26:38 AM »
I can turn a wrench pretty good but Im no where skilled enough to pull a transmission apart. I can swap one out but I cant tear into one.

We found a nice Tahoe. Wife fell in love with it. Turns out it was just out of our budget.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal