Hello Guest

Author Topic: Raptor Ridge, the build.  (Read 11618 times)

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Raptor Ridge, the build.
« on: August 29, 2022, 11:42:40 PM »
Well, since I really have a place to build now, building "MAYBE" on the way I have decided to start a new thread.

Hoping the building is on tract per Great Western???  Got a call from the garage door people saying my doors are in ready for delivery. I set it up to deliver them here and will load them on the trailer, taking them up on my terms. Otherwise they wanted to deliver mid week at the Ridge, but they think its in Sparks (close) not 25 miles north in the foothills.

First thread; http://real-man-truckworks-and-survival.com/index.php?topic=3981.1425

Working on the Exc so I can get the foundation going this year hopefully.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 01:27:43 AM by JR »
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Raptor Ridge, the build.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2022, 02:13:24 PM »
Trip this weekend was a bit smoky. Nothing like last year though, could see most of the mountains at the Ridge.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2022, 02:19:35 PM »
For reff that last pic was eastbound 80 friday about 4000ft.

First order of business was to get Dug out and started. Ended up being the seat safety, which I just twisted together (already disconnected)

Needs a good cleaning is an understatement. So much crud the throttle did not work!

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2022, 02:24:55 PM »
Belt was making really bad noise as the crud was that high.

In that rear pic the floor is 4 inches under the Radiator and the bottom is another 4-6 below that.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2022, 02:35:07 PM »
Broke out the pressure washer (used I got for $60) but it would not push any high pressure water. I ran down (hour trip) to the local wally and was going to get their black max gas washer for $178, but non in stock (whole ones anyway), so I got the 3300psi one listed at $229. Box was beat all to heck and I had tried to call about 6 times checking stock. Manager gave me the $178 price for the $229 unit, win!

Ran great with the tote pressure until almost empty. Dug just got the outside done, access plates will have to come off the get to the rest. Kubota looked great with using the turbo tip, first wash in 3 years (time flies when having fun)

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2022, 02:42:53 PM »
I was going to do the well pump this weekend, but tractors seem to take priority somehow. Oh, Kub runs great with new fuel filter (still little H2O in there), topped with fresh diesel and Lucas fuel treament. Time to add a little winter stuff to both too, just about there.

This is just a cheap 110v AC well pump good for 440ft. I don't need high pressure or instant flow. Plan is for filling the tank on the hill and letting that do the work. Pump will only need to run couple times a week to top off the tank. Dug out past the frost line (2ft here) to add a hydrant and the pitless.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2022, 02:52:16 PM »
Picked this up for basic use up there and who knows where. 1500watt (3k surge) for about 2/3 the price of others. Need more adapters for charging it but still better than a gen at night till I get my solar going (maybe next trip?)

Those Ampre Time Lifo batteries are getting great reviews too. May get 4 more for the 220v side giving me 400ah (almost 20k watts).

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2022, 02:43:07 PM »
Forgot to bring the power station up this weekend. Would like to see it if it will run the 1.5HP air compressor. Should with 3000watts surge and 1500 all th time (1.5hp = 1100watts). Sure the 5k inverter will but not quite there yet.

Speaking of that, I took 8x186watt solar panel up this weekend. Ran out of time and energy to mount on the container (Note, 4 hotlinks friday night did me in on Saturday)

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2022, 02:46:00 PM »
It was a full load going up there, but it fit. Also go Dug up off the ground on RR ties for a good cleaning. That was a job in itself since it still has a flat, neighbor helped with his big tractor.

Better picture (larger/less thumb)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 12:51:18 PM by JR »

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2022, 02:48:12 PM »
Taking a break and this little guy kept running around. Was really nice too, 80s daytime, mid 40s at night.

All in all not a bad trip, cept I heard from GWB again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 03:09:23 PM by JR »

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2022, 03:03:02 PM »
So to add to the great western building saga, I got an email showing about the first week of Oct for delivery. Got a phone call saying later in Oct is more likely now.

I talked about how weather may impact delivery, and the project manager Jeremy Moore, again just told me woe are us stories, say they don't have the correct machine to finish my building. So I ask, "you haven't delivered ANY buildings since the move to Utah"? "Oh no, we have delivered hundreds of buildings", so I ask why is mine so diff from theirs it take 18 months to get it? Then he blamed materials supply again. Then he tried putting the blame on me for waiting so long to order, just like it was my fault the pad wasn't done so the truck couldn't deliver a building not made yet!!

So as you see, great western buildings has really dropped the ball. We will see when the product arrives the quality and customer support after the fact, hope not eh same quality I am getting now.

Oh, I got a call from the owner, Eric Beavers telling me thy are throwing in the gutters ($400) for free now to help a little. Then I told him I already added them back on, but he said they were not in the order he had?????? Still need the door insulation panels too. 
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 06:32:08 PM by JR »

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2022, 08:31:01 PM »
Just got an email about the $1600 "fuel surcharge". I told them if they had delivered in a reasonable time (18 months ago) prices were still low, their problem, not mine.

Waiting for an answer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2022, 10:08:14 PM »
I can’t believe you’ve stuck with them 18 months and not hired a lawyer or demanded a refund and walked…..
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2022, 11:32:22 PM »
Issue is I have all my permits and dwelling based on their design, about 10-15k on that besides the 20k they have for a deposit. (final bill is 51k with surcharge) In the long run I think I would loose more with a diff builder.

Now I was not ready to receive the building until earlier this, but the building still was not ready before that. Final OK to build was 4-21, fuel prices in Junes that year were just over $3 gal.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2022, 02:59:49 PM »
So here is todays email;

Jeremy Moore <jeremy.m@gwbuildings.com>
To:
Fred Jr Bronk

Wed, Oct 5 at 8:01 AM

Hi Fred,

I get how you feel about the fuel surcharge. The fact of the matter is that we are all living in the same world.
I'm sure you drive by the gas station quite frequently, you see the crazy prices on diesel fuel. We aren't trying to rake you over the coals or anything, just passing on the costs.
Fred, I'm sorry, can you refresh my memory on the door insulation question please?

facebook   
twitter   
linkedin   
instagram   
Jeremy Moore
Project Manager

Great Western Building Systems LLC

My reply;

Fred Jr Bronk
To:
Jeremy Moore
Cc:
Eric Beavers

Wed, Oct 5 at 11:52 AM

I was sent non insulated doors. Called Eric when delivered and he said it would be covered as I only deleted the roof and wall insulation.

Free shipping is just that, its free or not. $1600 is not free and if the building was built/sent in a reasonable time (like 2-3 months after the order) prices were just over $3 a gallon. Your business practices taking 18months to get me my building is bad enough, covid or not.
My pad maybe not being ready is not an issue, could have put it someplace.

Fred Jr Bronk
To:
Jeremy Moore
Eric Beavers

Wed, Oct 5 at 12:11 PM

I am hanging in on this project, many have suggested I get an attorney, but I'm not like that and I may lose more at this point than gain.

I have posting all this on my build thread; Raptor Ridge, the build. (real-man-truckworks-and-survival.com)

Just want to move ahead with what I ordered!

Fred Bronk
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 03:13:31 PM by JR »

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2022, 06:26:29 PM »
I think anyone having knowledge of this fiasco would have to be nearly insane to do any business with this great western steel buildings company.

JR you have been fed multiple lines of bull. Heck at this point you must be turning into a cow and especially if you keep putting up with this.

A good attorney will get all your money back, plus the cost of having all that concrete for the foundation pulled out at Great Western's expense, plus a tidy sum for all the loss of use of your property.

I know a great bunch of Attorneys who take on companies like this who I could refer you to if you finally decide to hand this company what they have duly earned!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2022, 06:40:35 PM »
Could be worth talking to someone. As I said I am not a litigious person, but this is getting stupid now.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2022, 12:17:26 AM »
If I ran that company (not that I have any experience with such things) I’d send you what you ordered at the companies cost. Drop the stupid bs surcharges and move forward. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose, the loss could be much larger for them.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2022, 12:23:25 AM »
If I ran that company (not that I have any experience with such things) I’d send you what you ordered at the companies cost. Drop the stupid bs surcharges and move forward. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose, the loss could be much larger for them.

That would be great of them and all I could ask for right now. I mean 18 months to build/deliver a 40x100 prefab building?

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2022, 12:41:33 AM »
Could be worth talking to someone. As I said I am not a litigious person, but this is getting stupid now.
Getting stupid? Shoot man you are long past.

Maserati owner ordered a building very similar to your building, he picked it up from Nucor out of Brigham city Utah I believe. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2022, 09:34:34 AM »
Just a friendly reminder, COVID didn't reke havoc on our country, democrats did, along with various others.
THEY shut the economy down. They, paid people to stay home.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2022, 10:06:21 AM »
Getting stupid? Shoot man you are long past.

Maserati owner ordered a building very similar to your building, he picked it up from Nucor out of Brigham city Utah I believe. 

Nucor is a very well run employee owned steel company of which used to be a customer of mine. You want a great steel company in your stock portfolio they are the one to have.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2022, 08:52:58 PM »
Haven't heard back from GWB, figure I'll call tomorrow on the way up to the Ridge. To the CEO, Eric Beavers.

Got this for the ridge too. Several times I have jacked something up in the dirt and you know the results most of the time.

See good reviews and the large flat bottom should be way more stable. Plus trying the power station out, better run the 1.25hp compressor.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2022, 07:36:56 PM »
Called the CEO but no answer AND mailbox is full. Left a text telling him the shipping is unacceptable in the least.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2022, 07:46:29 PM »
I think its time to send a demand letter.  It will cost you $300 to have an attorney send a demand letter and it will get them to pay attention

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2022, 08:47:33 PM »
I think its time to send a demand letter.  It will cost you $300 to have an attorney send a demand letter and it will get them to pay attention

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This ^^^^^^ it’s go time.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2022, 09:10:15 PM »
Didn't want to go this route, but it might be the next move.

Done a couple letters in the past with accidents, funny how things move faster then.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2022, 11:47:41 AM »

Done a couple letters in the past with accidents, funny how things move faster then.
Don't wait JR. He could well be going out of business. Time to get in queue.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2022, 01:58:21 PM »

Don't wait JR. He could well be going out of business. Time to get in queue.
That’s a very good point Don. Especially in this economy. 

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2022, 02:13:57 PM »
That has been the other excuse, they moved from Tx to Utah.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2022, 07:39:19 PM »
That has been the other excuse, they moved from Tx to Utah.
My gut, is telling me they are in serious trouble. Whether it is caused by a so-so market, supply chain issues, bad management, or who knows what, it sounds to me like they have one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel!

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2022, 08:32:34 PM »
The Jermy Moore name sounds real familiar to me, brother in law married a Jermy Moore but his FB profile says he works for Layton construction. Unsure
But I know he was a dipcrap at one point

Online Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2022, 11:37:01 PM »
JR, how well I remember going through almost the same stuff with my garage contractor. At that time it was material cost not fuel. I agreed to split the increase in lumber package with him. Cheaper than starting over and would have had to pay for the whole increase in costs. Hard call but you might offer to split the cost and move on.

Online Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2022, 11:38:53 PM »
Might want to include that the extra will only be paid upon delivery of product.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2022, 09:39:51 AM »
Everyone has good points. Sending a certified letter is cheaper than an attorney and may leave some more flexibility with less cost. Attorneys by definition try to find issues to keep themselves employed unless you have a good long standing relationship with one already.

Laying out the facts and what your future option (ie: an attorney is) might help if you see middle ground in this. Your call but I’d be getting nervous too at this point as Don stated.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2022, 01:22:34 PM »
I just want the building now. I may sign "under duress" just to get it.

Been trying to call since Friday, and a long text to the CEO, no answer either way.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2022, 06:29:30 PM »
I just want the building now. I may sign "under duress" just to get it.

Been trying to call since Friday, and a long text to the CEO, no answer either way.
Obviously your call, but my gut says you're gonna get screwed (again/more) by these people

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2022, 06:59:55 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^ Perhaps a shot across the bow may be in order. JR, document this and file a complaint. Forward the complaint to the CEO of the company. I'd further suggest, to add weight to the move, include a link to the thread here. Both the BBB and this CEO will see both the seriousness and how well-documented it all is. The CEO will notice all the notoriety he is earning for his business.

Tools man. It's all about the tools.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2022, 08:23:33 PM »
I found that info this weeknd when I was up at the ridge, doesn't make me feel al warm and fuzzy for sure.

I have included this link already to both the CEO and project manager (hah). Guess they are closed today, no one answers.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2022, 09:54:19 PM »
I found that info this weeknd when I was up at the ridge, doesn't make me feel al warm and fuzzy for sure.

I have included this link already to both the CEO and project manager (hah). Guess they are closed today, no one answers.
No, I'll bet they are getting it, but the news is bad and they are covering their bases and prepping for yet another assault from an angry customer.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2022, 10:14:40 PM »
You are just full of good thoughts!

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2022, 08:51:02 AM »
You are just full of good thoughts!
We're your friends

We see you as being too close to the problem, too involved

We are just trying to help

I personally think (Hope not) that you are in trouble here of losing it all. I cannot stand companies who do this to good honest people. I happily work to help them to the earliest demise I can affect.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2022, 08:01:48 PM »
Well today I got ahold of them. I said I just wanted the building on the ground and agreed to split the fuel surcharge with them since they were not "dropping it".

Figured having it is the main thing right now. Tired of the "woe is us" stories and prices are up.

On another note, inspector was out the clear the road/pad. He called when he went in (asking permission to open gate), didn't call back so I think I'm good.

Thomas Jefferson

Online Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2022, 09:25:58 PM »
Well hopefully the building shows up in a timely manor. Sorry you have been having your chain pulled at every corner. Also glad they agreed to split the additional fuel charge with you.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2022, 09:43:59 PM »
Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Now its get the well pump and septic in. Keep jumping around on how I want to mount the 8 panels I am going use. On top of the container, ground mount or ??

Figure if I get the foundation dug this year I can pour when and funds permit. Need to finish the exc up now, been here to long and weather is coming.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2022, 07:02:08 AM »
Personally I would lean towards an adjustable ground mount

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2022, 12:27:40 PM »
I have thought about that for sure, but winds are an issue. Right now it just might be wood on the south facing wall, rear of the pad.

Since just using 8 panels for now, I was thinking tracking too. 8 panels are just 1600watts total, 32in x 60in each.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2022, 04:03:47 PM »
Few sticks of 2x2 and your little welded and you are GTG

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2022, 06:28:14 PM »
I have some 10ft unistrut that might too. Also have all the clamps and little nuts for the US.

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal