Hello Guest

Author Topic: Really liking my Porter Cable 20v tools.  (Read 1076 times)

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Really liking my Porter Cable 20v tools.
« on: January 17, 2018, 02:01:18 AM »
I spouted about the impact a couple times in the Dewalt thread. But I have a couple more additions to the family and they work great.

So far the 1/2 impact has not let me down. Last big use was for a some 3/8x12 lags for the addition. The regular impacts couldn't handle the big one but killed all the other SDS-Timberlocks. Tried it on a few lugs too. No problems on both the burbs 14mm and the 1101 trailer lugs.

I have also fallen for the Senco Fusion trim nailer. Beside being great on trim and cordless just using the 18v battery (charged twice now). I use it to tack things up before screwing and it does great.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 02:08:10 AM by JR »
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Really liking my Porter Cable 20v tools.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 02:13:31 AM »
Besides all the standard tools, I picked up a vacuum and this palm sander during all the Christmas sales.

The vacuum is rated better than the Dewalt and I have not been disapointed at all. Hose is a little short is about all I can complain about. It has the smaller hose and only come with one attachment, but that does rugs and vehicles really good. With the 4ah battery I get a good 20-30 minutes from it.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 02:23:05 AM »
Then I got this little palm sander and it is a beast. I like it better than my AC stuff and you don't drag the cord around. By using the 1.5ah battery it stays light.

Plus I have found a generic battery that is holding its own so far, just $27 on Ebay.

I am hoping for a good flood light, vs the junk flashlight included in the set.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 08:39:31 AM »
Hmm, didn't know they made a cordless palm sander. That would be handy to have

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 01:08:14 PM »
Came out around in Dec, same with the vacuum.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 02:06:46 PM »
Adding a little to this, the vacuum and nailer are working great. If I was to add another nailer I see Hitachi has a cordless framing nailer that works like the Senco.

The Hitachi is #NR1890 and is 18v lithium cordless like the senco, IE; no cartridge just battery. It is still $399 but they have 10% off right now at Lowes.

If I needed one I would go for it but I use screws for almost everything. Now figure someplace like the farm this would be great for! Reviews seem good;https://youtu.be/uRYrLlv_f68

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal