Hello Guest

Author Topic: Multi Process Welder options  (Read 609 times)

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Multi Process Welder options
« on: November 26, 2020, 02:16:14 AM »
Well I gave my little HF 170 mig to my neighbor up at the ridge. He has used it several times and like it and he has done lots of work for me up there.

So I am looking for a new machine, multi process that will not break the bank. I like Miller and Lincoln, but they are double the price.

So far Everlast, Weldpro and Forney in searches. Big thing is AC Tig so I can play. All seem to have good reviews and not really in a hurry.

I could look for a used machine, but nothing really coming up. Plus used name brand are more than those listed new.

So what ideas do you guys have? Anyone use the machines listed?
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Re: Multi Process Welder options
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2020, 07:22:58 AM »
America.mike has an everlast unit, he doesn’t get in here much maybe message him
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2020, 07:53:35 AM »
I’m looking for the same thing JR,  not many multiprocess with AC tig.  I think Miller was the only brand name with it.

I too was lookin at the everlast but some searches found them called “never last” but now that most of the blue and red stuff is made overseas anyway.....

Curious as to what you find.  I may just get separate machines in the long run.  A dedicated mig, a stick machine and a an AC Tig.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2020, 01:35:13 PM »
Yes, I think its all made overseas now. Thought about separate machines but then you spend as much as the high end stuff.

AC Tig is the big catcher, most do not have that that. I have to have stick and mig, AC is what I want to include.

There is a Lincoln has a plant in Reno, wonder if they have sales or returns?
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2020, 05:59:23 PM »
I too would like to have A multiprocess with AC tig. I talked with a friend of mine in AZ and he recommended a dedicated Eastwood tig. He loves his, and so do many of the others in his car group there in AZ. Currently inexpensive enough to have dedicated machines I would think. The 200 is what he runs. It is used close to every week so that says something for it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal