Hello Guest

Author Topic: New workshop  (Read 2446 times)

Offline husker77c

• Registered
    • View Profile
New workshop
« on: January 12, 2016, 10:22:10 AM »
Well it's a trailer.  So I guess I could have posted in the trailer forum but it's for tools and storage so it kind of belongs here.   Anyhow I have a 16' enclosed trailer I bought several years back and it's been used for storage at my in laws.   Well we just moved into a new house that doesn't have a garage so I needed a place to store my tools and things that don't belong in the house. 

I hauled it up to MI while I was spending time with my dad over the holidays to bring back my snow blower and a few other things and since my dad is doing really well with his cancer we decided to build a workbench in it to mount my mini mill and drill press and also give me a little space to work on things.   I also built a stand for my tool chest so I'm not working out of a couple small tool boxes. Didn't take any progress pics but here's the finished project.

It's of course filled up with a snow blower and my riding lawn mower but I'm happy with it. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
Re: New workshop
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 10:47:38 AM »
Nice. I know people who do that. Keeps everything in one spot.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 10:56:35 AM »
Also keeps the wife from parking in there! Looks great!
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 11:21:11 AM »
Also keeps the wife from parking in there! Looks great!

Unless shes comfortable moving a trailer...
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 11:21:44 AM »
Careful- people will want you to tow it to their house and help on projects!  ........I'm moving, can I borrow your pick-up truck........ :)  Very cool, now you don't have to pack if you move or want to go mobile workshop!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 11:23:37 AM »
Careful- people will want you to tow it to their house and help on projects!  ........I'm moving, can I borrow your pick-up truck........ :)  Very cool, now you don't have to pack if you move or want to go mobile workshop!

That's actually what one of my friends husband does. Keeps stuff in a trailer so it's easy to get to a project or what not.

Offline husker77c

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2016, 12:23:05 PM »

That's actually what one of my friends husband does. Keeps stuff in a trailer so it's easy to get to a project or what not.

This was partly my intention.  The zombie ford is up at the in laws on their back forty and needs some more work to get it ready to daily drive. This way all I have to do is hook on to the trailer and go and I know I have all my tools and a place to put a heater to get in out of the cold while I'm working on it.

I doubt I will ever lose my nomadic tendencies even though we have a house.  Plus if something goes bad in the world/society I can load it up and bug out and have enough to be useful at the in laws or friends etc.   If anything goes bad we will have to bug out,  no question on that, so this goes along with that plan. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2016, 12:28:50 PM »
Well, that's a good point.
Recommend you keep one axle in bad wheel bearings so it's unsafe to move it until it's repaired!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2016, 01:10:18 PM »
I second Don's comment, everyone always wants to "borrow" a trailer. Which I never minded, I just hated having to go get them back........
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2016, 05:43:55 PM »
I second Don's comment, everyone always wants to "borrow" a trailer. Which I never minded, I just hated having to go get them back........
So at one point I am a senior Warrant Officer in the Armee and I own a trailer.

A couple soldiers I know come up and ask "Hey Chief, can we borrow your trailer (Again) this weekend?" This time they are going on another wild goose chase after a CJ-5 carcass I believe.
Mind you, the last time they borrowed it, they busted off both tail lights. So I made them go buy two more over at Grand-Pa's (a local novelty store) and install them, which they did.
This time they want to be good troops, so after using it, they parked it over on a lot the soldiers at Ft. Campbell use to sell their cars at. They did that sometime Sunday afternoon. When I drove over there Monday or Tuesday or whenever it was to tow it home, well, I couldn't find it...

Yea

Someone else needed it more than me!

So what is a senior Warrant officer going to do? Junior NCO's which I am not supposed to be having any personal dealings with, who, btw were always calling me to pull them out of the mud, bail them out of jail, or just happen to come over to my house to spend the night or just eat up all my supper...yea like that

So what could I do? Well, I thought about having another senior NCO buddy of mine just toss them out of the chinook while in flight, but someone would eventually talk and that would be a mess. Write them up you ask? "And what exactly were you doing off duty with enlisted soldiers, Mr. Harward?"
Nope, that was too messy
So I did what I do very well. I called them into my office, and ripped their heads off for awhile. Doing the angry officer routine on them then told them to get out of my office. Then I just forgot about it and lived many years thereafter without a trailer!

So now I have another trailer.

I am limiting my NCO friends these days so that I can manage to keep this one a bit longer!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 05:49:41 PM by Flyin6 »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2016, 07:51:17 PM »
Why do I get the image of the control tower officer in Top Gun...."butts, I tell you, I want some butts!"
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2016, 03:16:50 AM »
Nice, I was setting up the same for a while. Things changed.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal