RULES/WELCOMES > Site Rules & Introductions

HELLO, from NH - Live Free or Die!!!!!

(1/4) > >>

HollowPoint:
Hi,
  I found you guys while searching for a way to store some larger Survival Tools (extra Axes, Saws, Shovels, Pry Bars, etc.) in my pickup. I also want to be able to take the bag/case/box on foot, when I need to.

So, while i search away, please send or point me to any relevant info.

Thanks In Advance for your help!!!!!

HP

Sammconn:
Welcome HP!

I run a small Fiskars hatchet in every bag, as well as a larger one X15 or X17on anything I'm riding.

Depending on size of all the tools a heavy duty ruck, with shoulder straps likely could fit the bill.
Shoulder straps only to make packing it easier.
If you're running another pack then you'll want something easy to carry.

Anyhoo, welcome

Wilbur:
Heya HP....welcome. nice to see another east coaster here (I'm south of you in the he** known as MA).

I think in a vehicle I would look at quickfists. Then easily mounted on a molle system. I would just be careful with the size (depending on how far you're going on foot). A large ax might be too heavy. I have a Gerber ax that's handy for camp use and is not too heavy. I could carry if it I needed too. Depending on how much other gear you're carrying you might look at one of the folding saws and a small hatchet too. And leave the heavier ax in the vehicle.

stlaser:
I personally if you want it portable would find a piece of canvas and sew pockets in to it. Then roll it and maybe add a shoulder strap, could easily be stuffed behind a seat or under it when not needed.

Sammconn:

--- Quote from: stlaser on June 21, 2017, 10:21:21 PM ---I personally if you want it portable would find a piece of canvas and sew pockets in to it. Then roll it and maybe add a shoulder strap, could easily be stuffed behind a seat or under it when not needed.

--- End quote ---
This!
 :likebutton:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version