RULES/WELCOMES > Site Rules & Introductions

Hello from Texas

<< < (3/4) > >>

Superwhdm:
I used to date a girl who had family in Leakey about 40 mins N of Concan.  It’s in the middle of ranch country and you had to ford a creek to get to the property.  It was fully secluded with its own dam.  It was the clearest sky I have ever seen and all the Axis deer you could eat!  I think about it all the time.  To bad her and I couldn’t work things out because I hate Im never going back!

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: TexasRedNeck on December 06, 2017, 07:56:51 PM ---Jared, I'll pm you my number.  If you ever need someone to check on your family in Magnolia or Conroe let me know.  My parents are in Magnolia and I drive through Conroe often.

--- End quote ---
That's RMN right there!

Real Man Networkin'

Jared Herzog:
I know Concan and Leaky pretty well. We go to Garner State Park many times each year. I would like to have some land there but the job prospects are thin.
There are some well known roads to ride a motorcycle on near there. I think they are known as the twisted sisters and the landscape is beautiful.

TexasRedNeck:
yeah, Garner is awesome.  We like to go over winter break and there are usually less than 30 campsites occupied.  We stay in the "new " loop where they have 50 amp connections and its so peaceful as opposed to the summer when they are completely packed.

They also have a bicycle ride across some of those twisty hills.  Crazy they do it in the 100 degree heat.  I rode down the road on my bike from the park for about 15 miles and it was brutal...and that was when I was used to doing 50 without a problem. 

I do have to say I think about "deep in the heart of Texas" every night I'm there.  The stars are amazing

Nate:
Too bad you sold the glamper trn

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version