VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > General Maintenance, How to/DIY projects

CP3 pressure line leak repair with ported fitting.

(1/3) > >>

JR:
Well, after the little mishap with trying to add a ported fuel fitting, here is the repair.

Oringinal thread is here; http://real-man-truckworks-and-survival.com/index.php?topic=1150.0

The worst part of this besides causing the problem, is draining the radiator. No drain on the LBZ, you have to pull the lower hose. Held on with a clip like the cooler hoses the clip is a bare to get out. Slid the hose back and it drains OK, about a bucket full was all I did.

Next you have to pretty much pull everything behind the AC compressor to get the the top of the CP3.

It was more of a pain than it was hard, but the fitting leaking is below the fitting circled. That fitting goes right into the high pressure side of the CP3 and the line I was trying to remove goes to where you add the touted ported fuel fitting. 

JR:
I still don't have a wrench that I can get onto the lower fitting, so I ran to Lowes and got a set of crows feet and some pool stuff (green water)

I did cap those lines off before I went but I think they are for returns and coolers since they just use spring clamps. For you guys who struggle with those clamps (I do to) I found that hemostats work really good on the smaller ones that are hard to get to, and they lock!!.

I also go this nice portable 18v/120v Ryobe 20 watt work light. Got it for my 57th a couple weeks ago.

I have both Porter Cable and Ryobi. I think Ryobi has a better assortment of tools for the cost and PC has the better basic tools for the cost. JMHO

Flyin6:
Man, that looks horrible.

Reminded me of the awful week I spent pulling the EGR off my D-Max

Just had shivers!!!

JR:
Yep, have to dig a little deeper than this to even see the EGR.

About the only thing I changed is I had a heck of a time with 1 hose clip and replaced with a clamp. The used a little silicon around the thermos, but the gaskets looked ok.

Nate:
and that is just the tip of what you have to do to replace the CP3.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version