VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > General Maintenance, How to/DIY projects

Fitting 35 inch tires in a NBS front wheel well.

(1/2) > >>

JR:
OK, so like a lot of you I like big tires but don't have a big lift, some have none at all. Sure you can get a 33 inch in there, maybe. But with a stock height truck you are limited to about a 285 (32in) if you get lucky. Saw this for the 07+ trucks but not for the "new body style" as they are known.

So here is the clearance you have stock with a 35 inch tire. Now this truck has Cognito upper control arms with new keys giving about a 3 inch lift while still giving some down travel for a decent ride.

I started this with the tires on, but you just can't swing a hammer in there that way even with the tire turned out. I mixed both sides up here but you get the idea.

JR:
After pulling the fender back I was surprised to find all kinds of crud in there. There is also a piece of insulation I just folded up until done.

On the drivers side you have to move the parking brake cable inward a little. I then tied it back with bailing wire and beat the body alignment tabs down some.

How has an idea of what the black stuff is on the frame there??????

TexasRedNeck:
waiting on the after pics.....

JR:
Here is the rest,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

After getting the fenders cleaned out, you have to make a couple cuts.

The lip is trimmed as you will be bending the lower piece up, which will become your new lip.

The yellow line you cut and the orange line will be bent over.

JR:
When cutting, gloves or a safety shields are a good idea. Just a slight touch gave me this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version