Hello Guest

Author Topic: Treagers  (Read 1334 times)

Offline Superwhdm

• I'm a super welder husband dad man!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Treagers
« on: January 17, 2019, 08:12:42 PM »
Any of you bretherin have a Trager?  Dear wife surprised me with one a few weeks before Christmas.  Its a small one, and Tailgater 20 so we can take it camping.   I have already made some incredible meals with it.  My only complaint is the feeding system. If I dont clean the temp probe and the fire basin almost every other time it will either runaway or just stop burning.  Kinda annoying when you are cooking for a few people and realize through the remote thermo the temp is 88 degrees half way through. I was hoping I could actually set it and forget it.  Overall though, it has made some excellent steaks, jerky, whole chickens, loins and wings.  Just thinking outloud.
Car or Truck-Truck
Rural or City-Rural
Early morning or late night-Early Morning
Hard work or Easy Work-Smart Work

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
Re: Treagers
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 08:51:38 PM »
I don't have a Traeger, or a green mountain grill.  I have a pretty big Louisiana grills one that can do a lot of food at one time.

I clean mine after every use and clean the internal temp probe at least every 3rd time.

there are other members on here that have pellet poopers, and there are members that have actually made their own stick burners.  are you a member of any BBQ/pellet/smoker forums yet?
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 10:45:43 PM »
Something isn’t right. You shouldn’t be having those issues. I would call their customer service and see if they can pinpoint. May need to replace the temp probe or controller board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 01:24:22 AM »
Yes, more likely the board than the temp rod but Trager should take care of you. I clean the burn pot and lower area every couple burns to try to keep all the ash under control. Mine is the medium size but would think they would operate about the same.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal