Hello Guest

Author Topic: Sgt Isenhower...again  (Read 522 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Sgt Isenhower...again
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2021, 12:39:42 PM »
Loved that video and so many people today don't know the difference between veterans day, armed forces day and Memorial day

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2021, 10:24:55 AM »
Loved that video and so many people today don't know the difference between veterans day, armed forces day and Memorial day

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Your daughter, right? Apologize if I got that wrong...

That story really moves me.

I flew cover over some of those ops. Our minis and different ROE probably saved the hides of a lot of those good young men, and sent some people to hell who needed to take the trip.

I've had the fortune/misfortune to be a part of all that, good and bad, and it has left an indelible mark on my soul. I love all those brave warriors!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 10:27:27 AM by Flyin6 »

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2021, 10:02:43 PM »
Daughter yes but officially step daughter. We feared that she wouldn't have made it because the news crushed her. The Lord gave her running and a passion to keep her brothers memory alive. God has developed a gift in her that she can speak in front of others and people can see God's work with in her. She is a gift from God.

Until Bret started going to Iraq and Afghanistan I never realized what I put my family through when I was going to unfriendly places. I just looked at it as part of my job, had to tell my mom sorry for the gray hairs.

Don thank you for being there and saving/protecting as many young men and women that you did. I know that God placed you there and keep you safe for a reason. I pray that if/when the pre ranger is sent to some unfriendly places that God will place a hand of protection around him and give him someone such as yourself to fly cover over him.   

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2021, 09:21:32 AM »
I am truly nothing special, was just in places at the right times I guess. Am concerned for my son. You see, I know he is going to see the worst of this. Just last night he revealed his plan to actually get into group. Turns out the Ranger tab, in his words, is a means to an end, and any self respecting green beret ought to have earned that tab first. I guess I always knew it. In my Army and even contractor days, I was always close, a mission, an hour, a phone call or a couple hundred pounds of gas away from the SF dudes. Just was that way. I'd go somewhere, and I'd find my way to the JOC and hook up with the commander or SGM. From there it was giving them rides, trading for things or flying them to strange places. It started back in regiment days and just never ended. Now that kinship I have with those guys will be known to my son(s) soon enough. Maybe God will have the grace to take me home before he takes one of my sons from me. Too tough the other way around.
You families who gave up sons and daughters before your time have my deepest sympathies...and respect.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal