Hello Guest

Author Topic: Word(s) of the day  (Read 95390 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Word(s) of the day
« Reply #200 on: March 03, 2021, 10:48:54 AM »
give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.”
Luke 6:38 ESV

Good one Matt!

Just yesterday my wife was helping down at a facility where women are working to overcome drug and alcohol addiction. These women have to commit to staying there for a year or more, or they will be jailed, presumably, for some drug related crime they are involved in.

She called me to send down all the beds we had and furniture because these women have very, very little. Only a change or two of clothing and sleep on couches or even the floor. These women have completed the program and are now established in a section 8 arrangement close to the facility they came out of and are working jobs and slowly reentering society in a measured and controlled manner.

Let me vent here a little. We seem to have money to help criminals crossing our borders become good democratic voters, but we leave our own people to "Recover" in squalor! We are literally sending billions overseas, for WHAT??? And I can show you a half dozen women right now who are sleeping in chairs or on the floor!!!!!!

Now despite the conditions, this particular program has a very high success rate if not the best in all of the Tuck. Why you ask? Because They put Jesus at the core of it!

And now a bit of a confession.

One of our family members had to go there, and stayed 14 months. 14 months of no phone, no contact with the outside world. 14 months of writing and studying and having to complete steps. Our family member is an alcoholic. She fought being there, and her mother my wife is the one who stood before a judge and more or less incarcerated her own child. Now to say all of that had an effect on the whole family is an understatement.
Our "person" fought it for many months. Where they should have been moving through the steps, this one stayed mired in step 1 for months, yes months beyond what was normal.

I talked to her about all that afterward. This was deep, but she said that she had harbored anger for us and fought the system, desiring only to get back into the world. She said it got very dark and real and one night she just sat in the darkness and gave up. She said, "OK, I surrender to you God, I give up. Either heal me in you or take my life right now."

I can say to you, nothing remained the same. For those of you who have faith struggles or are not sold out for God, I pray that you have a similar experience. God is real, very real. Jesus loves us more than I/we have the smallest capacity to understand. Really, I just don't get it. But she had a total reversal of the heart. The person who came out of that place is something like the person who went in. Same high pitched voice, same mannerisms, but attitude and altogether depth of her thought and conversation is someone new, someone wonderful. And I know by being near her, it is the spirit of our loving God I feel!

Them got on the fast track and blew through the program, studying constantly, and devoting her time and effort to growing and learning. Her counselors took notice and she advanced very rapidly. He came out of that program and now serves as a mentor for a number of women who are in various stages of recovery. She moved into that half-way apartment complex and that is how we found out through meeting other women, about their struggles.

They are not asking for anything. They are glad to just be alive. They are glad and thankful and consider themselves blessed and loved by their savior. What a rich place that is.

So when Kat called yesterday to tell me to throw extra stuff on the truck, (There were movers taking things down there from up here) I was moved. When Matt shared this scripture today, it broke me down to tears, really moved me. I am getting my federal income tax in any day, and I am going to buy a bed for that lady. Just yesterday, the VA Awarded me I/U which is like 100% disability. My disability pay went up to $3700 a month. When that hits, I am going to buy the other lady my wife met a bed and a sofa. That lady who sits and sleeps in a single chair was telling Kat yesterday that she was able to purchase two small rugs. She said they cost her $5 each at the thrift store. I think she needs a proper rug. She has one chair, one night stand, one very small TV, the two rugs and a few changes of clothes. Her family has abandoned her.

Anyway, Matt, thanks for listening to that little voice that just confirmed what I was convicted by yesterday

On my heart: Give

I'll answer that call.

Praise Jesus above all names!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 03, 2021, 11:41:25 AM »
At one point I thought I saw a like button on the forum, instead of a comment where an acknowledgment was offered?

Anyway
As I read back to the Hebrews 10/24-24
It makes me wonder do the political gatherings (cpac) mean much?
Is it the visit to the lords house being referenced?
Does gathering as family fit?

At my house we have pushed family out,  the Nucleus of my home consists of mom, dad, three boys and the occasional daughter visit. 
The rest have become judgmental, rude, disrespectful, not pleasant much.
I found the conversation to mostly consist of what other people were doing they disapproved of.   

I don’t need or want that but what I do want is a family that takes about things we can change, people we can serve, activities we can do to Create.

Anyway adding to the topic.

Thanks Mr. Matt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 03, 2021, 03:26:11 PM »
You are welcome but no thanks needed.  I humbly try to be obedient.  Putting a scripture here my seem little, to me it does many times, but there is no telling who will read it and how it will impact them or the world.  I take no credit.  The Scripture relays the message and the Spirit convicts.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 03, 2021, 09:18:46 PM »
Issue has become we can talk to most and have a civil discussion. It someone agrees that fine, if they don't that is OK with us it'd OK, we can walk away.

A liberal or progressive must attempt to knock you down a few pegs, or say your opinion is off or should not be heard because you don't see it their way. My wife and her inlaws or mostly like that. We don't do Christmas or Thanksgiving with them anymore. Wifes brother on the other hand has come around, even openly talked of liking Trump.

I fear my older son will have major issues as he gets older. Not to go into it here much, but it is an issue between my wife and I too.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 04, 2021, 12:01:48 AM »
[[/quote]
At one point I thought I saw a like button on the forum, instead of a comment where an acknowledgment was offered?

Anyway
As I read back to the Hebrews 10/24-24
It makes me wonder do the political gatherings (cpac) mean much?
Is it the visit to the lords house being referenced?
Does gathering as family fit?

At my house we have pushed family out,  the Nucleus of my home consists of mom, dad, three boys and the occasional daughter visit. 
The rest have become judgmental, rude, disrespectful, not pleasant much.
I found the conversation to mostly consist of what other people were doing they disapproved of.   

I don’t need or want that but what I do want is a family that takes about things we can change, people we can serve, activities we can do to Create.

Anyway adding to the topic.

Thanks Mr. Matt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like button is there, am I missing something?

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 04, 2021, 09:17:10 AM »
Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord.
Hebrews 12:14 ESV
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 04, 2021, 10:50:00 AM »
Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord.
Hebrews 12:14 ESV
I sure struggle with the first part of that verse.

What I take from that: I am so thankful for grace!

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 04, 2021, 11:35:17 AM »
Amen.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 08, 2021, 09:46:36 AM »
Your Word is a light unto my feet and a light unto my path.
Psalms 119:105
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 09, 2021, 02:02:58 PM »
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.
John 14:26 ESV
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline oklawall

• View Profile
« Reply #210 on: March 09, 2021, 08:42:14 PM »
Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 10, 2021, 10:29:05 AM »
Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit.
John 15:2 ESV
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 11, 2021, 09:02:28 AM »
Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.
Colossians 3:23‭-‬24 ESV
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 12, 2021, 09:15:28 AM »
I will say to the Lord , “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”
Psalm 91:2 ESV
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 15, 2021, 09:12:41 AM »
Righteousness guards him whose way is blameless, but sin overthrows the wicked.
Proverbs 13:6 ESV
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 16, 2021, 09:25:37 AM »
Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.
James 1:12 ESV
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 19, 2021, 09:46:35 AM »
Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
Ephesians 4:31‭-‬32 ESV
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 19, 2021, 07:43:53 PM »
Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
Ephesians 4:31‭-‬32 ESV
^^^ Wish I could, but I fail big in this area.

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 22, 2021, 09:19:59 AM »
Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
1 John 4:4 ESV
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 24, 2021, 09:06:30 AM »
One thing have I asked of the Lord , that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple.
Psalm 27:4 ESV
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 25, 2021, 09:01:40 AM »
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
James 4:7 ESV
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 26, 2021, 09:17:25 AM »
“Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord ,  whose trust is the Lord .
Jeremiah 17:7 ESV
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 27, 2021, 12:33:33 PM »
The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!
John 1:29 ESV
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 28, 2021, 09:03:11 AM »
So they took branches of palm trees and went out to meet him, crying out, “Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord, even the King of Israel!”
John 12:13 ESV
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 30, 2021, 11:01:21 PM »
but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8 ESV
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #225 on: March 31, 2021, 10:22:18 AM »
saying, “Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, not my will, but yours, be done.”
Luke 22:42 ESV
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 31, 2021, 11:49:07 AM »
I don't know about any of the rest of you, but that part always makes me cringe. To knowingly surrender to a coming horrible, massively painful death. Who could do that?

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 01, 2021, 09:12:40 AM »
but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant,  being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
Philippians 2:7‭-‬8 ESV
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 02, 2021, 09:03:40 AM »
And Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.” And they cast lots to divide his garments.
Luke 23:34 ESV
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 03, 2021, 06:05:58 PM »
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up,  that whoever believes in him may have eternal life.
John 3:14‭-‬15 ESV
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 04, 2021, 09:16:16 AM »
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up,  that whoever believes in him may have eternal life.
John 3:14‭-‬15 ESV
And, Matt, if you don't mind, I want to play off that please

Because there is a lesson here

The lesson is that many believe there is some sort of ceremonial event that brings one to salvation. Churches may well enjoy having people believe it is through their ceremonies that one can be forgiven and find Jesus, but that is just not true.

Just like the Bitcoin thing allows for point to point transactions with no clearing institutions needed, God set it up to come to know him and talk directly to him all by your lonesome without the help of anyone (except for Jesus) or anything!

In Matt's chosen verse, John tells us the: "whoever believes in him         may have eternal life."

That verse is run home in Paul's book, "Romans."
Romans 10:9 - If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,... 9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

There maybe some folks who may argue the point, but I would not choose to do so, because to understand God the only thing I can ever truly trust is the printed and anointed word printed for all mankind to see.

Although some religions would go about touting John 3:16 as the defining verse for Christianity, I would say it is Roman's 10:9. John 3:16 tells us a lot about who God really is, and that is certainly good to know, but in Romans 10:9 we learn how come into that personal relationship with him.

I'd also say something else that's a bit risky. If you think you are saved, then you either aren't, or you do not have faith in the word of God.

I'll challenge you here. Does God kid around? Does he tempt us? Has he ever lied to us? I think you know the answer to those questions. He is the rock who never changes. He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.

Looking at Romans 10:9 Paul clearly says that if you really, really, I mean really believe in your heart that Jesus is the son of God, and you find the gumption to actually speak the words, you will be saved. Doesn't say that God will consider your request, or a board of saints will vet you and hand out a decision or that God didn't hear you. It simply says believe it and speak it and it is done.

I would suggest to you that if you never actually believed in your heart, or afterward you didn't confess it with your mouth, then you aren't saved. I would probably say to you if we were having this conversation over a cup of Joe that if you can't point to the exact time in your life when that Romans 10:9 thing happened, that you may be kidding yourself.

Me: December 2000, Christ Chapel on Turfway road. Pastor Terry Crigger. Bill Moore who I had never seen before came to stand beside me while I cried like a baby in front of 400 people I had never seen before that day, in a church I had never set foot in before that Sunday morning. I can tell you about the lady in the red dress who spoke in tongues, but for some unexplained reason, I understood it in English. I can talk about the giant of a man on the other side of the congregation who repeated her exact words that she said in that strange language, but in English. I can talk about how something just took over me, completely and I was rendered from this big strong guy who was large and in-charge and turned into a baby just like that. I'll tell you of the chill and the Goosebumps and some sort of "Feeling" like electricity that was everywhere. I can talk how I left that place feeling like my life had changed. I can tell you how from that second onward, I just knew I belonged to God, and I knew and I know that Jesus is always with me.

Know this, doing what is in Romans 10:9 IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO DO IN YOUR WHOLE LIFE! It is a 10. the next most important thing like getting married, witnessing a child being born, surviving a near miss in traffic or a battlefield is like a 3! Physical life being, what, let's say eighty odd years is pretty short standing next to forever. It's actually smaller than a microbe on a single grain of sand compared to the size of the entire universe.

Get that part right. Understand who is in charge (whether you are still in a body, in heaven, or a resident of hell). That is but one entity, and that is God. Get to know him, coming to him through his son, Jesus our Christ, or ...

Do it now. Do it right now, would you please. If you know God is real, and you really, really know Jesus is the actual living son of God, then speak it out. I would ask that you find a nearby hater and speak the words directly to him/her...just because I like a fight, but that's just me. You see as I advanced along in my Christian march (walk to you civies), I discovered the power of God is insurmountable. No demon or evil can stand in its presence. If you truly wield it, all demons and demoncrats, err, I mean evil doers can say nothing against him. He is all powerful, He could kill all of us with a thought. But he chooses, instead to love us. Ya, I don't understand that part either, but I am not him, only God is God.

Do yourself a favor in this Easter Sunday. Give up resisting the one who created you and Come and join with us, the millions who love him. Shut the door to an afterlife devoid of all hope, and smile inwardly, knowing you have become a child of God

Just do it.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 09:36:11 AM by Flyin6 »

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 04, 2021, 11:15:23 AM »
He is not here, for he has risen, as he said. Come, see the place where he lay.
Matthew 28:6 ESV
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 04, 2021, 11:15:49 AM »
Great word Don
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 05, 2021, 09:18:25 AM »
There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
Romans 8:1 ESV
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 08, 2021, 09:31:37 AM »
As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace:
1 Peter 4:10 ESV
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 10, 2021, 11:02:57 AM »
The fear of man lays a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is safe.
Proverbs 29:25 ESV
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 11, 2021, 11:21:27 AM »
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.
2 Timothy 3:16‭-‬17 ESV
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 12, 2021, 09:08:17 AM »
Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.
James 1:2‭-‬3 ESV
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 13, 2021, 09:36:08 AM »
“Be still, and know that I am God.  I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!”
Psalm 46:10 ESV
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 15, 2021, 10:53:43 AM »
But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.
Matthew 6:6 ESV
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #240 on: April 16, 2021, 01:08:45 PM »
O Lord , you are my God;  I will exalt you; I will praise your name, for you have done wonderful things,  plans formed of old, faithful and sure.
Isaiah 25:1 ESV
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 17, 2021, 09:20:07 AM »
Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called and about which you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.
1 Timothy 6:12 ESV
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 18, 2021, 11:09:34 AM »
Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called and about which you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.
1 Timothy 6:12 ESV
X2
Cast off the spirit of meekness
Let that unbridled spirit of God in ya FLY!

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 18, 2021, 11:53:10 AM »
Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body.
Proverbs 16:24 ESV
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 18, 2021, 01:04:07 PM »
Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body.
Proverbs 16:24 ESV
They are indeed.
To encourage someone holds blessings for both

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 19, 2021, 09:14:04 AM »
For I desire steadfast love and not sacrifice,  the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings.
Hosea 6:6 ESV
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 21, 2021, 09:14:09 AM »
Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.
Philippians 2:3 ESV
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 23, 2021, 09:23:41 AM »
Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
Romans 13:10 ESV
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 24, 2021, 10:24:29 AM »
Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world— the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life —is not from the Father but is from the world.
1 John 2:15‭-‬16 ESV
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 26, 2021, 09:25:16 AM »
even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
Matthew 20:28 ESV
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal