Hello Guest

Author Topic: what is it gonna take for us to get a spine like this again?!  (Read 1407 times)

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
what is it gonna take for us to get a spine like this again?!
« on: February 25, 2015, 12:51:04 PM »
the numbers may not reflect todays issues, but the message is what is important!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXBswFfh6AY

and here is a little motivation video done to this speech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDVT-8tUfiE
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: what is it gonna take for us to get a spine like this again?!
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 01:56:19 PM »
Honestly, i wish i knew what the answer to your question was: "What's it going to take?"

Best case, it will happen organically. Another swing of the pendulum towards conservatism, both with societal values and governmental leadership.

Worst case, something catastrophic, with one against the other, and one prevails.

One of the biggest problems in my relatively young opinion, is people are naive and uninformed, especially in my generation. People just don't care, and are happy bee-bopping along without consideration for these issues of incredible significance. 17 trillion in debt, and i bet you 80+% of the population couldn't tell you that, or how big that is relative to GDP (or what GDP is!). Lack of knowledge/understanding of basic incentive driven economics, lack of strong will and personal accountability, and weak reliance on one's self for one's self. If people people paid as much attention to things that matter (personal privacy, tax burdens, trade policy, national debt and unmitigated spending) to things that don't (sports fanaticism, material consumption, celebrity infatuation), you'd probably see more concerned citizens.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 01:59:25 PM by Dawg25385 »
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 08:24:13 PM »
Until something disrupts the average person's daily lives directly, action will not be taken by the masses.  What we need is something that takes away their access to facebook, instagram, or american idol.  Then and only then will these sheep get active.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Online Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 12:47:58 PM »
You sayin' no FB...
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 06:09:35 PM »
Like the Libs would ever allow the Internet to go down!  Gotta keep the constant drip of electronic sedatives flowing!  Besides being able to spoon feed the masses the OFFICIAL news stories! ;D
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal