Hello Guest

Author Topic: 2020 Nissan Titan V8  (Read 1126 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
2020 Nissan Titan V8
« on: September 01, 2020, 11:21:30 AM »
Yesterday, I bought a new Nissan Titan for my wife.

I had purchased a Toyota 4-Runner for her last Christmas, and we used it on vacation and it has been her daily since then.

But then things changed. We decided she wasn't going to participate in the corporate world any longer and she struck off on her own. Her concept was to shop the wholesale outlets selling off unwanted merchandise for a very low price, then resale all of that on a virtual storefront.

In a few words, it has worked, and really taken off. She makes from 30%-50% gross on each sale and has almost parked her 4-runner and uses the boys GMC Canyon all the time.

She has wanted to buy an old 3/4 ton truck, but we have ZERO available parking at the casa, so we started talking about selling the 4-Runner and purchasing a truck.

I went over to the Toyota store and I was flabergasted to discover that mega dealership who normally has an inventory of trucks well over 100, had only one new truck in inventory!!!!!

One!!!

So it occurred to me that this might be a supply problem, and I was right.

I tested the waters by advertising my 4-Runner to dealers who responded vigorously.

OK, a sale/trade of the Toyota might actually be feasible, so I started researching 1/5 ton trucks.

The ford F150 was nice, and so was the Ram. Either of those were overpriced in my view. The Chevy was problematic. She will not accept cloth seating, it needs to be leather. So I was looking at a LTZ or a High Country, both 60K-70K trucks, but nice. Toyota didn't have anything anywhere, so they were out. I have never researched a Titan so I did, and wow, I was impressed. 400HP V8, decent mileage, great everything and the thing which sealed the deal for me, a 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty!!!!!!!!

Then when I started looking, I found there was a decent inventory and Nissan was offering $4000 incentive money, and $500 more for my veteran status. I found a dealership that really wanted to buy my 4-Runner and offered an additional $4,750 discount from a $63,000 sticker on their top of the line offering.

Sound good? It was and in a very unexpected way. We test drove and liked it and made an offer. We were close but not there. Kat and I decided not to budge and instead just walk away and drive across the street to the Chevy dealer. We told the Nissan folks that we respected their position, but we decline and would try and make a deal 100 feet away.

That's when things got interesting. The GM came out. He was smiling and mentioned that there was a good reason to shop late on the last day of the month. He said he would meet out criteria which meant the dealership would have to go $2,700 negative to make it happen. Now these are good people, and at first I said no to their offer. I don't want to hurt anyone with a bad deal, my sense of fairness just won't allow it. And as the old phrase goes, "And now for the rest of the story."

That dealership at 1700 on the 31st of August had sold 91 cars that month. The GM explained that their dealership was set up on a bonus funding system with Nissan and to qualify they needed to sell 93 cars. My deal was on the table and a nurse across the showroom was about to say yes to her Sentra purchase. He told me that if he hits 93 cars by midnight, the dealership would get a check for $200,000, and the owner really wanted to get that check. So he was willing to all but buy my Titan just to get this done. He said that the team felt we were the right kind of people and felt good that we should be the benefactors, so he asked if we would just please accept their deal.

We felt the sincerity of the moment and accepted.

We got a discount of $9750 off the MSRP on the new Titan. They gave us $41,500 for our 4-Runner. Please note that I only paid a tad over $43,000 for it back in December, so I have to believe that is the best trade in I have ever gotten on anything.

BTW, we joined hands and prayed over this before attempting it, just sayin'
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 Nissan Titan V8
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 11:22:57 AM »
Only a half a day old, but so far I am very impressed by this truck.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 11:26:13 AM »
400 HP/413 ft/lbs with a nine speed trans

Cruising at 72 mph was a bit over 1,500 rpm

The interior is amazing, just reeks of quality everywhere

Dual moon roof, electric everything, 9" touch screen LED's, real four wheel drive, decent towing, quiet, with an amazingly comfortable ride

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2020, 11:26:48 AM »
Ours has the optional Fender audio system

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2020, 11:27:53 AM »
Ours has a "grabby" spray in liner with the optional cargo handling system of rails and tie-downs to well secure the stuff she will be buying.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2020, 11:31:06 AM »
My wonky thought for you to think on

Why is every dealership in the country empty but the Nissan dealership

Just sayin

It’ll make a great GT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2020, 11:49:18 AM »
Very nice truck! I'm sure she will enjoy it. They ride really nice.

Oil change in the works? :)

I bought my wife a 2018 Armada about 6 months ago. She had a 2005 with over 200K on the ODO and didn't want anything different. The only issue she has had with it was a brake sensor that went out and it wouldn't start because it requires the brake to be pressed for the push button start. They had to tow it to the dealership and to swap out sensor. Luckily it only had 35000 on it so still under warranty. Glad you got the 100K!

We did find out when we drove from MN to Tampa, FL with a 4,400 pound trailer behind it we averaged 10 mpg. We had to stop every 150 miles or so to fill up with gas. That was annoying.

Her 2005 was a great vehicle. I hope the 2018 will be as well.

Congrats on your 2020!  :likebutton:
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2020, 01:59:15 PM »
Sure see a lot of em around here. Looks great.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2020, 02:07:12 PM »

Just sayin

It’ll make a great GT

because the American plants shut down for most of them.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2020, 02:08:18 PM »
Great buy there Don, careful on that rear end, they're not bad at all but they're not any bigger than the new Jeep Gladiator pickup. tow with your diesel if you're going to tow.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2020, 03:17:35 PM »
I approve of the color!

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2020, 04:05:08 PM »
Great buy there Don, careful on that rear end, they're not bad at all but they're not any bigger than the new Jeep Gladiator pickup. tow with your diesel if you're going to tow.
Tate, I think for 2020 they installed a larger diff...From the commercial trucks.
I'll investigate
Anyway, I plan to do zero point nothing to this truck. Hers, just to drive and use...Real oil changes every 5K and sa' la-ve'

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2020, 04:07:54 PM »

Just sayin

It’ll make a great GT

Yea, I thought so as well.

But could be that Nissan is not a truck company so no one ever thinks of them. Dealership said that in 2019 they were thinking of getting into the truck market competitively so they came out with the 100K bumper to bumper. But in 2020 decided not to compete with Chevy, Ford, and Ram

I think this could be a hidden gem. Daughter has an Armada with like 200K on it. Drives like always, never misses a beat.

Wife had a Nissan Quest. She put 267 on it. I thought the trans was about to go, so we gave it to her brother. He drove it five more years then junked it. It was rusted to the point you could step through about anywhere to the road!!!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 04:09:27 PM by Flyin6 »

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2020, 06:21:15 PM »
Every dealer is empty because 1) factory shutdowns because of covid 2) everyone buying trucks to haul their campers! My LBZ is probably worth $40k right about now don’t ya’ll think?? ;)
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal