Hello Guest

Author Topic: Easiest bread i ever made  (Read 825 times)

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
Easiest bread i ever made
« on: March 09, 2019, 08:00:23 PM »
here is one of the easiest bread recipes that I have found and made.

FLEISCHMANN’S TOP CHOICE WHITE BREAD
Difficulty: Beginner            Yield: 2 Loaves              Prep Time: 20 minutes
Rest Time: 10 minutes         Rise Time: 45 minutes      Bake Time: 25 to 30 minutes

Ingredients:
For yeast:
1/2C water (100-110 deg F)               1 tsp sugar
2 (4-1/2 tsp.) envelopes Fleischmann's Rapid Rise Yeast OR Fleischmann's® Active Dry Yeast

For the dough:
5-1/2 to 6 cups all-purpose flour             2 tsp salt
3 TBLS sugar                      1 cup water
1/2 cup milk                      2 TBLS butter OR margarine

Directions:
Using your oven as a proof box:
1. Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and place a loaf pan or cake pan in the bottom of the oven.

2. Place the container of dough on the middle rack and pour 3 cups of boiling water into the pan.

3. Close the oven door and allow the dough to rise as instructed. If you limit the time that the oven door is open, the proof box can be used for both the first and second rise without the need to refresh the water

If using Rapid Rise OR Quick Rise Yeast:
1. In large mixing bowl (with dough hook), combine 2 cups flour, sugar, undissolved yeast and salt. 

2. Heat water, milk and butter until very warm (120° to 130°F) and stir into flour mixture. 

3. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. 

4. Stir in 1 cup flour and beat at high speed for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. 

5. Stir in enough remaining flour to make soft dough. 

6. remove dough from mixing bowl and place on a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes.

7. Cover; let rest 10 minutes.

8. Remove dough from bowl, divide dough in half and roll each half to a 12 x 7-inch rectangle. 

9. Beginning at short end of each rectangle, roll up tightly as for jelly roll.  Pinch seams and ends to seal. 

10. Place, seam sides down, in greased 8-1/2 x 4-1/2inch loaf pans. 

11. cover and let rise in warm, draft free place until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.

12. Remove from proofer area and turn your oven on to 400°F and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until done.

13. Remove from pans; cool on wire rack.

If using Active Dry OR Traditional Yeast:
1. Place 1/2 cup warm water (100° to 110°F) in a large warm bowl. 

2. Sprinkle in dry yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar and stir. 

3. set aside and Let sit 5 to 10 minutes, until foamy on top. 

4. Add yeast mixture and remaining 1 cup water, milk, butter, sugar, salt and 4 cups flour to your mixing bowl. 

5. Mix well using the medium speed of an electric mixer (with the dough hook), scraping bowl occasionally. 

6. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. 

7. Remove dough from mixing bowl and place on to a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes. 

8. Place dough in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. 

9. Cover with a damp towel and let rise in a warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 45 to 60 minutes.

10. Remove dough from proofer area, place on lightly floured surface and punch down. 

11. Divide dough in half and roll each half to into a 12 x 7-inch rectangle. 

12. Beginning at short end of each rectangle, rollup tightly as for jelly roll and pinch seams and ends to seal. 

13. Place, seam sides down, in greased 8-1/2 x 4-1/2inch loaf pans. 

14. Cover with a damp towel and let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.

15. Remove from proofer area and turn your oven on to 400°F and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until done. 

16. Remove from pans; cool on wire rack.

To Make Whole Wheat Bread:  Substitute 2 cups whole wheat flour for part of all-purpose flour.

Nutrition Facts Per serving:                   
Serving Size: 1/24th recipe
Calories: 130            Total Fat: 1.5 grams         Saturated Fat: 0.5 grams
Cholesterol: 5 milligrams      Sodium: 210 milligrams      Total Carbohydrates: 26 grams
Sugar: 2 grams         Dietary Fiber: 1 grams      Protein: 4 grams

http://www.breadworld.com/recipe/Top-Choice-White-Bread

there is also a printable copy of the recipe attached.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 08:05:23 PM by Nate »
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Easiest bread i ever made
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 10:11:47 PM »
My wife has a

https://www.zojirushi.com/app/category/breadmakers

Well worth the money. Set it and forget
It.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal