VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > General Maintenance, How to/DIY projects

SOS Thermostats

<< < (2/4) > >>

Nate:
I do believe there was a DIY done on it on DF?

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/how-tos-diy-write-ups/148616-diy-_-thermostat-replacement.html

I used this one and even commented on it when I did mine on my LBZ.

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: cudakidd53 on May 25, 2018, 09:33:35 AM ---Can you give me the Cliff Notes version of what I’m gonna have to tear down?   Or is it something that I would have seen in the thread on see Max while you were doing the fuel pump?

--- End quote ---
Ya, Mike, plenty of pics in my CP3 install blog

But like Kenneth said, its fairly easy by comparison to most things one needs to do to these trucks performing routine maintenance.

cudakidd53:
 I got a question on the serpentine belt tensioner. Do you just simply put a breaker bar in there and turn it counterclockwise to loosen it? Or is there a nut and bolt that needs to be loosened set the tension and retighten that Notten bolt? It appears online video show you just put a breaker bar in there and turn it the correct way to take tention off the belt and then reverse that process and it locks in place on its own. Do I have that correct?

Nate:
just put a breaker bar and give it a turn

KensAuto:
Wait why you taking off the belt? I need to do mine as well, since it overheated a couple years back. ...I'll look at it to see how hard. I think these are easier than previous models....and I haven't done a LML yet.

...just looked Mikey. Don't take the belt off, just unbolt the shroud and the fuel test port and move it out of the way. Doesn't look too bad.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version