Hello Guest

Author Topic: 3rd Battalion, 5th Marines in the Sangin  (Read 294 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
3rd Battalion, 5th Marines in the Sangin
« on: October 15, 2021, 11:42:48 AM »
The Sangin valley is a bad place, especially for Americans. Having gone through it often I know that place. I always thought/felt like I was flying over pure evil. Unlike these Marines, I had two GAU-17 Mini-guns strapped to the side and those ragheads below me knew it. You couldn't just shoot at me and get away with it. But for guys on the ground, it was a different story.

I wrote somewhere else about losing that K9, Spike, who Brian, a Danish Special Forces guy worked in there. They killed that dog, well, tried to kill Brian and his boys, but the dog took it instead.

These men tell it like soldiers. They talk like people who have been there and done it.

Why am I posting this? Well, maybe because every once in awhile, men like these need someone to talk to. When things build up, they find it hard to arrange those feelings.

I mention this to most of you who have not seen something like armed conflict maybe to give you some insight into how veterans, well, combat veterans think. So many of them take their own lives, cause, I'm telling you, it is a lot to pack up and carry.

You see someone having problems, put them in touch with someone, one of us. Call me, I am available 24/7, always available for a warrior. Don't just put it off until later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkpNZWf8lw0
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal