Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Send Me
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 06:37:00 PM »
What a powerful analogy. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 09:41:53 PM »
The Night Stalkers of the 160th SOAR

Unit motto: Death Waits in the Dark
Professional Standard: On Target +/- 30 seconds Unit Pledge: NSDQ

These are the warriors of the 160th SOAR (Special Operations Aviation Regiment). Their mission-to infil, exfil and fight with their customers, who range from Navy SEALs to Army Delta Force.

Established decades ago, the Night Stalkers' covert missions did not come to public light until The Battle of Mogadishu claimed the lives of 19 special operations personnel. Un-cloaked, the determined history of this elite fighting unit can now be known.

The Night Stalkers have been at the tip of the spear of every special operations effort since its inception. In 1987, during Operation Prime Chance, they were instrumental in containing and stopping Iranian mine laying efforts in the Shatt al Arab waterway. Flying covert missions in the darkest hours of night, only feet above the top of the water, the Night Stalkers attacked Iranian mine laying ships and defended its waterborne base against attacks from superior numbered boghammer attack boats.

In 1993, the Night Stalkers were delt a heavy blow during Operation Gothic Serpent when they lost several helicopters and many men to Somalia RPG fire. The Battle of Mogadishu would come to define special operations and forever change the future of the death-ground. That lonely night in the Bakara Market would prove to the military and the civilian world that no matter how tough the fight, no matter how the odds were stacked against you, the special operations family including the Night Stalkers would not stop until every one came home, dead or alive.

In 2002, the pledge, Night Stalkers Don't Quit, would again be tested on a cold and desolate mountain top in Afghanistan called Takur Ghar. One Night Stalker helicopter was shot down on this mountain top at 12,000 feet trying to infil Navy SEALs and another was shot down trying to deliver a quick reaction force to help rescue their comrades. A decisive battle raged for the majority of the day, taking the lives of SEALs, PJs and Rangers and severely wounding several Night Stalkers. Nigh Stalker pilots and medics did not stop fighting all day. One Night Stalker medic continued treating wounded soldiers even after he was racked in the stomach with gunfire.

Many more warriors would be lost in recent years, but the pride and professionalism of the 160th SOAR will forever form the tip of the spear and lead America to victory in any violent engagement.

I heard the voice of the Lord saying, whom shall I send? And who will go for us? And I said, here I am, send me! Isaiah 6:8

NSDQ
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 12:10:49 AM »
Great Americans
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 01:03:24 AM »
ONLY AMERICANS
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal