Hello Guest

Author Topic: weapon cleaning equipment / kits  (Read 850 times)

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
weapon cleaning equipment / kits
« on: July 22, 2016, 08:13:04 PM »
so I ran out of my long 6" wood handled Q-tips and had to reorder some more.  I came across these on amazon, dang good price and I picked up 2 boxes.  each box has 10 packages with 100 each in them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FDP8YK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

these are so much better than regular Q-tips when it comes to weapon cleaning applications.

what do others have in their cleaning kits / range bags? 

do we even have a thread that talks about weapon cleaning stuff / range bags / weapon maint kits?????????
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
Re: weapon cleaning equipment / kits
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 10:41:38 PM »
do we even have a thread that talks about weapon cleaning stuff / range bags / weapon maint kits?????????

If another mod doesn't start one before I get a chance tomorrow, I'll make one.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 12:21:58 AM »
I keep an Otis kit in my range bag. Have a tool box full of randoms for home cleaning, with all sorts of cobbled stuff. Use ballistol for cleaning and froglube for the AR and brownells oil on everything else. And bore snakes for every caliber. And cotton patches where needed.

Oh and regular q-tips. May have to check out your suggestion above!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 08:44:19 AM »
I have the big Otis kit for the house and a small one in my hunting pack and another in the range bag.  The big kit sure cut down on parts and pieces since it coves 17 to 12 ga.  I keep everything running with CLP.  Mostly because I scored a gallon bottle for free and it isn't gone yet.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal