VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > General Maintenance, How to/DIY projects

Paint correction

<< < (2/14) > >>

Bigdave_185:
Step 2. D3002 helps a lot with the haze that comes from the previous polish.  I don’t suggest skipping it. 

Follow same process of H patter R/L, U/D. 
Don’t forget you can use these on plastic lights, your glass windows, it works really well

This corner piece is black plastic and it will take a shine.  No heat as you can melt it. Let the product do the work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigdave_185:
Mentioned rubber seals and plastic

Wet microfiber cloth

Makes short work of the little haze

Also remember to use the corners of a damp rag to wipe excess out of the joints of glass, plastic, trim, door jams.  It looks sloppy if ya don’t

Bigdave_185:
Step three. Next pad, next chemical d301 on a thicker pad

Try to keep the pads clean. No droppin them in the dirt Don!!
Use a small wire or plastic brush to clean them while orbital is running. 

And repeat the same process.
As before

That’s ready for sealant.

Bigdave_185:
The M27 sealant I have zero faith in as a product. Zero knowledge other then the sales rep said it’s great. So it’s on three of my cars and we will see.  So far it still looks ok but don’t confuse it with ceramic coating, at least not 100% anyway

I use a red soft pad and apply on a low speed

It’s fast application for sure

The package says wipe off after 5 min or more.  It takes 24 hrs to cure completely.  So there is that also.

I usually do panel at a time, so I’ll move the door and come back and wipe the M27 off after that

Bigdave_185:
I won’t bore you guys with the rest of the suv but for real there are a few things I Do know well. Painting, detailing and I’m sure if I don’t have the correct process we can figure out another option

This is kind of a lost art to what used to be a standard Dad function to now there are shops that charge $1200 bucks for this stuff,   It’s a good life skill for these young kids we have.   Car washin is easy money in the summer months.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version