VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > General Maintenance, How to/DIY projects

Excavator Torn Track repair

<< < (2/2)

Flyin6:
Interested to hear if this works

Have a couple of chunks myself

JR:
I'm not convinced this is the right fix for this yet. I think the belt glue may have been better as I had no missing material, but I went with the recommendation from the manufacturer. Going to unclamp today (been 48 hours) then apply a piece of mudflap on the inside to hold it together.

Don, if you have pieces missing, this would be the stuff. If you have a tear/s, I would look at the pouches they have for belt repair.

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: JR on December 18, 2021, 12:52:49 PM ---I'm not convinced this is the right fix for this yet. I think the belt glue may have been better as I had no missing material, but I went with the recommendation from the manufacturer. Going to unclamp today (been 48 hours) then apply a piece of mudflap on the inside to hold it together.

Don, if you have pieces missing, this would be the stuff. If you have a tear/s, I would look at the pouches they have for belt repair.

--- End quote ---
OK, copy that

I have a couple of good tears and a few chunks missing that all that limestone probably chewed out

JR:
Repair looked OK up top, but still had a nice gouge out the bottom (inside) that needed addressing.

Wired off the whole area, blew it out then used carb cleaner to really clean. Applied heat to help dry then applied more cement. I cut a patch for the the area about 4x6 out of a mud flap hoping this will hold it together better. Heated it all up and mixed the paste trying to fill the void but it was tuff. Spread as best I could on track and patch and used a piece of wood jammed with wedges to hold down. This stuff seemed to be getting hard already so no pics. Layed a heating pad down and covered to let it dry for a day or so.

I really think the thinner stuff in pouches would have worked better for the patch, time will tell.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version