VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > General Maintenance, How to/DIY projects

Truck will not shut off

<< < (2/3) > >>

oklawall:

--- Quote from: Bigdave_185 on December 21, 2022, 12:10:25 PM ---I haven’t come across this so I don’t have anything to offer but wanted ya to know I’ll support what ever ya do lol moral support from Utah!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---
Thanks Dave. Moral support is good

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

oklawall:

--- Quote from: kampfitt on December 21, 2022, 09:26:16 AM ---I had similar on my 08 turn the key off and it would run on for 1-3 min.  the mechanic traced it to the trans. control module!  I don't know how that could do it, but mechanic is a friend and it's never done it again. So if the key doesn't do it maybe look that way.

--- End quote ---
Thanks for the input. I'm like you I don't see how those are connected but if it works don't mess with it.

Nate:
I had the same issue on my 06, and it was actually a bad door sensor.

EL TATE:
04 yukon, body control codes, door codes, all traced back to faulty ignition switch. if you recall, GM had a bunch FALL OUT of the steering column on people. several deaths. just not enough for a full blown recall. same issue on the denali, turned off w/ key out and just kept running. if you have ANY jiggle up and down in the lock cylinder it's junk. I believe that you are in the same year group for the cylinder. problems showed up in 04+ models and they did nothing about it until 2014.

oklawall:
Replaced the ignition switch and shuts off as it should. New switch has a dead spot, I can live with it for now but will exchange it when it warms up outside, at -25 F I don't even want to open the door. Thanks for all  the information and support

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version