VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > General Maintenance, How to/DIY projects

Fire extinguisher mount in Toyota Tacoma

(1/3) > >>

rcampbell:
Here's a few pics of the fire ext. mount I made to mount my 5lb fire ext in the the bed of my tacoma. I bolted it to the rail system. Turns out that 1/2" carriage bolts with two parallel flat sides ground on the head of each bolt slide right into the rail system nicely. The mount I made is from 1/8" flat bar that is 1" wide. There are two horizontal pieces, and two vertical pieces that I welded together. The bottom of the vertical pieces I bent at 90 deg. to act as feet. I then bolted on two big quick fist clamps, and voila! Easy to access from the side hatch of the cap. I mounted it about the wheel well so that  it doesn't get in the way when sliding things in and out of the bed floor.

rcampbell:
I know my pics are upside down right now, not sure how to fix it since they appear ok when I view them on their own using the links where they are stored. Until a mod. has time to tell me how to fix them, please do a handstand while viewing, thanks :)

KensAuto:
Looks good. Those rails are factory?

rcampbell:
Yup all the Tacomas come with those, as well as four sliding D ring type tie downs, very handy actually! The bed of the truck even has a 120V outlet and a few storage bins as well as D-rings mounted on the floor of the bed. Very happy with my truck :)

Sammconn:
Are the rails like the T-track that is used with woodworking supplies?

http://www.leevalley.com/en/hardware/page.aspx?p=61646&cat=3,43576,61995,61646

I hope this link works. Having some thoughts, as my truck is always carrying 'stuff'.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version