VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > General Maintenance, How to/DIY projects

Which headlights?

(1/2) > >>

Flyin6:
I continue to put together the list of what I feel needs to be changed on my new Ram dually.

It does not have LED headlamps like my 22 Ram Laramie did.

I do not like these much lower powered yellow headlights as much.

So I think I may be on the warpath to upgrade.

Here's what I am considering:

1. Possibly upgrading to the factory LED headlight bezel assembly. I do not know just how involved that might be...

2. Tossing in some bright LED bulbs and pi$$ off everyone I meet,, but keep myself happy.

3. Toss in some brighter Halogen bulbs. Two things here. I like the yellow color of the Halogen much better than the bluish LED bulbs. Secondly, I have two-220 Amp alternators, so when I am not making money generating power for the local grid, I can certainly run a whole bunch more light bulb.

Thoughts?

oklawall:
Being on the other end of #2 I would say go with #3

Flyin6:
I know what you're talking about. There are so many "blue halo" headlights all outside factory-designed reflectors that it is getting difficult to drive at night out there...

Flyin6:
Here's my next question:

Is there an LED or KID bulb out there that fits the factory reflector housings so that it does not scatter light in that halo ring and blind oncoming drivers?

DDS:
https://www.morimotohid.com/Morimoto-Ram-HD-19-XB-Hybrid-LED-Headlights?quantity=1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version