GENERAL TOPICS > Our Pro-Military, Veteran, and Thin Blue Line place

Sending a second young man away...

<< < (2/13) > >>

cj7ox:
Sounds like he's got it figured out, for now!

Flyin6:
Results today are good, I think

He scored an 87 on the ASFAB or whatever that is called. Max score is 99 and Army recruiting average is currently 50-55.

He scored a 117 or a 114 on his GT, which is OK, I guess. I scored 126 but Army-wide his is a very good score.

They offered him a 4-year contract for 11X with a $40K bonus!!! and duty station of choice. He wanted option 40 which guarantees him to at least try out for Ranger school, but I am trying to talk him out of that. He wants to join the 101st Airborne at Ft. Campbell, a choice his mom and I dearly want him to make.

cj7ox:
Yeah, I think he'd be better served to get airborne right out of basic. He'll get air assault at Campbell. Then, after a bit of time training/learning, he'll get his ranger slot.

And it's ASVAB - Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery.

Atkinsmatt:
On the ASVAB, a GT of 110 is the ticket.  With the recruiting issue, please ensure he gets it in writing, and get everything he can get.  He only gets one bite at the apple.  His bother may have some good info/suggestions.

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: Atkinsmatt on March 01, 2023, 02:13:30 PM ---On the ASVAB, a GT of 110 is the ticket.  With the recruiting issue, please ensure he gets it in writing, and get everything he can get.  He only gets one bite at the apple.  His bother may have some good info/suggestions.

--- End quote ---
They are talking
Chris is allowing me to get involved. And he is having success. Doors are all open at the moment. Like last time I am trying to be the officer who swears him in...

Nate wanted to do it all himself. Now as he approaches 2 years in the Army, they still have not paid him his enlistment bonus!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version