WEAPONS > Firearms

Mike's AR-10 Build

(1/40) > >>

cudakidd53:
Okay, I've been tossing around the idea of putting together one from a smorgasbord of available parts and all, but need some help/guidance and suggestions.  Will be using a Spikes Tactical billet lower & upper.

-Accepts any AR style Bolt Carrier, Bolt & Barrel.
-Barrel Nut: SR25 or DPMS (? Difference of the two?)
-Handguard Rail Height: SR25, DPMS High, Armalite AR10 (? How will suitable ones be identified?)
-Trigger Group: Any AR compatible trigger (? Anti-rotation pins etc. too?)

So, some barrels come without a gas block - what's the best option(s) for a barrel without one? Gas tubes?  My desire is a top quality barrel to try and maximize accuracy etc. and I'm leaning towards 18" for a balance between that and maneuverability. 

Stock and buffer tube - looking for telescoping over a dedicated marksman style - I'm assuming AR15 aren't compatible (especially buffer, but are other stock parts different too?

Is this something I should undertake as an assembly "virgin" ie; different/more complex vs. AR15?

I have no set schedule on this as it'll be "One piece at a time"......though not a Johnny Cash style build......I hope I don't start coming across gun parts at work! :o

Looking forward to the exchanges- DOTing and overall banter this will elicit!

TexasRedNeck:
Bartlein or Noveske barrel would be my suggestion along with the giessele DMR trigger. Other than that the rest is superfluous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cudakidd53:
Hey TRN, does Noveske make a .308 barrel?  Couldn't find any .308 on their site -

stlaser:
On the hand guard height do yourself a favor & call Midwest ind & let them tell you what they make. There are about 5 (my last count I know of) different heights.....

Adjustable gas block is a must..

& my last suggestion is buy a complete upper assembled with bcg.

cudakidd53:
Another question TRN - at Bartlein, how would I go about having them make a barrel for an AR10 - I wouldn't know what to ask for as it appears that everything is made to order custom, not sure about is they "finish" like salt nitride bath etc.

Shawn, adjustable gas block on a "non suppressed" rifle and without a piston?

As I've mentioned, my knowledge/experience base with building something like this is very shallow- LOL!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version