WEAPONS > Firearms

AR15 Shopping

<< < (2/13) > >>

Bear9350:

--- Quote from: Atkinsmatt on March 01, 2019, 11:08:57 AM ---Look at a place like palmetto state armory for a different take.  The last one looks like a good price until you read down and see that there is no bolt or bolt carrier group (BCG) or charging handle.

Midway USA has some great assembly video's.  They work for what ever caliber of the ar15 platform.  These things are like legos.  Something that looks like a good deal can be but you also need to know what to look for.  Getting a complete one is faster but it is nice to build one as well.  With some video instruction from a reliable place like Midway USA you can build one from a pile of parts in a couple hours with only a couple special tools.  Ask away.

--- End quote ---

I've looked at varying combinations from PSA before also.  I'm not concerned about building one up if I determine that is the best route to go.  I missed the lack of BCG and charging handle on that one.

Bear9350:
Anybody have thoughts on the components in this?  Looks like I would just need a stripped lower to go with this?

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-18-rifle-length-223-wylde-1-7-stainless-steel-15-lightweight-m-lok-moe-ept-rifle-kit-w-mbus-sight-set3.html

Flyin6:
Adding my 2 cents, definitely go with a .223/5.56 for your first gun. There will likely always be ammo for that gun. Spend money on a good lower. Get the pistol brace and learn to shoot with that "Stock"

Later on buy a short barrel .300 AAC and even a 7.62 X 51 upper. Same lower can run a .300 with a 7" barrel or a 7.62 with a 16" or 18" barrel, or whatever else you want.

Add more lowers later on to complete the uppers and have whole guns.

cudakidd53:
Integrity Arms - veteran owned and make a great - above average entry level gun with availability of improvements on up.  Don can vouch for the accuracy as he witnessed me wacking a full beverage can at 300m with 1 shot taken at range to connect.  I opted for some nicer options on my build, but all their basics are better than "basic" -

https://www.customar15.net/product/integrity-arms-basic-m4-carbine/

OldKooT:
I own/built about 5 or 6 AR15 now.....no doubt they can be fun to assemble and shoot. I seem to always spend about $1000  building one..give or take a few bucks either way...but I am a bit of a gun snob. I like/require accurate weapons and to that goal I always spend $$ on high end barrels. Think I have a .458socom (huge fun) a few four .223/5.56 and a 7.62 Built them all myself as I do with most rifles and all the above said ya don't have to spend much to get a decent one....prolly could build one for $700ish if you wanted.  Ya want one built let me know, I know of a fun/gun shop that may have a few for sale at cost.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version