SAVE THE BEST FOR LAST > Donations

Christmas 2015

<< < (2/2)

Flyin6:
Thank You Mr. Woody!

Flyin6:
Thanks Fred

We now have $350 of Real Man money + my kick in so that's just great!

This money is buying an African kid a pair of shoes or a winter coat. They all have shoes by now but some (Most??) probably don't have coats. Imagine that, no coats. Not trying to tug on your heart strings and make you feel guilty or anything, not the way I work.

But I see it and want to share with you what we see. Kathy was just telling me that these kids appreciate every little thing you give them. Conversely, when she gives inner city American kids things they will complain that it's not what they want or the wrong color, or the food isn't good. American kids want junk food whereas these African kids will eat everything and anything we provide.

She took all of them to a Reds game last year. Get em' started on the right team, right away we say in this neck of the woods! Bengals next!

Oh, we are giving each family, 8 total, a Kroger's gift card for their Christmas dinner as well.

Flyin6:
Money is still coming in
You can watch it accumulate on the Donations sticky first thread

Thanks Kyle!

Flyin6:
Thank you Dave!

We are up to $450 now from Real Man

Wife has collected another $2000!!!!!!!!!!!

Flyin6:
Thanks again Mike! That was outstanding!

We show what we care about by where we spend our money on

I just gave Kath the check for $550 to add to everything else. She was online tonight for quite awhile trying to figure out where she could get the most bang for our buck. She starts the exhaustive shopping tomorrow.

We now have somewhere between $2500 and $3000 for the kids. Each family (8 total) will get a $100 gift coupon to Kroger for the dinner, and with the $1700 remaining we are going to try to put something on each of their 18 kids. Not going to be easy. My son donated several pairs of newer shoes which will serve someone way better than him, and we are finding other barely used items to plus this Christmas up for them

Thank you so very much from all of us, and from the International Missions church which sponsored these families and got them here from their dangerous former homes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version