Hello Guest

Author Topic: memories and engineering  (Read 626 times)

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
memories and engineering
« on: February 06, 2017, 01:00:56 PM »
I saw this pop up on ebay,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadillac-Gage-Ranger-Peacekeeper-4x4-Armored-Truck-Rare-Titled-/222400585024?forcerrptr=true&hash=item33c81b9d40:g:MnYAAOSwA3dYir6R&item=222400585024

The SP's had these when I was active duty, working the flight line gets boring at times.  So a couple of the SP's were also Mopar guys, we used to run these down the taxiways at "high Speed" if you want to call it that about 80-90 is all they had, Stopping on the other hand was the real excitement!  Can you say smoke and more smoke and not a lot of stopping.

Which brings me back to poor choices the US military has made over the years, the company that made these I am not sure I could ever look at my self in the mirror.  Basically the chassis is a 3/4 ton Dodge pick up with ZERO upgrades and I mean nothing.

I know a lot of people say, "that's what the military ordered" but whoever wrote that request for build should not do this kind of jobs.  I could rant for hours on this and what I saw overseas once the golden spicket got turned on, I would make some of these contractors ride in what they build so they can learn what a poor design is like!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal