Hello Guest

Author Topic: 2011 Honda Odyssey Touring  (Read 484 times)

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
2011 Honda Odyssey Touring
« on: September 03, 2022, 11:15:40 PM »
Picked up a new to us 2011 Honda Odyssey Touring today. Got it for a good price. It needs a few things but nothing major at this point. Our other Odyssey(2005 EX-L) has been great for us, but is being relegated to being a training vehicle for the children. It is sitting at 368000 miles and is showing its age. Not to mention, my second oldest daughter managed to rip the bumper cover off it by getting it caught on a curb. Then she left for a mission trip 4 days later. 

So back to this one, it is fully loaded with all sorts of goodies, from a “Cool Box” mini chiller to full rear entertainment. It has a some paint issues that I would like some input on<cough>, big Dave. Im going to take it into Honda next week for an oil change. They are good at pointing out things that need to be done so I can decide if I want to do them myself. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 11:17:13 PM by dave945 »

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Honda Odyssey Touring
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2022, 08:18:56 AM »
Dave, you need to get those bare metal spots covered up PDQ!

You could sand them, then mask off a small circle and apply red oxide primer over a thin coat of zinc just to stop further progression. Then opt for a repaint later.

Local area best body shops: The Cadillac dealer just off 42 in Florence. And there is Corey Jones who has a shop near all the big box warehouses on dixie (25) between Walton and that exit triple crown exit area...forgot the name of that exit...

I can give you Corey's phone number if you need...He is a captain in the fire department where I sit on the board in Verona.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 08:19:45 AM by Flyin6 »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2022, 08:40:17 PM »
Wish I had know that Dave.  I’m about to off load my 2005 Touring Edition with 145k on it.

Meticulously maintained and  just put new shocks struts springs brakes, and Michelin tires on it.  It’s been de=paxed with 18 inch Acura alloy wheels.

The only thing it needs is the fancy active motor mount.

Wife says she doesnt need anything that big anymore and we are looking for a CRV or RAV4

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2023, 08:13:28 PM »
TRN, did you get rid of your Odyssey already?  I might be on the market for another as a second family vehicle. Most times we don’t need to take the twelve passenger and it’s nice having two “smaller vehicles” that can still haul kids and stuff

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2023, 10:04:49 PM »
Sorry Dave. I’ve been dark because of the Tapatalk issue. Still have the van. Just replaced motor mounts and trans mounts and added a VCM muzzled to disable the VCM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal