TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > Shops Garages and Barns

Garage Floor Coatings

<< < (2/7) > >>

Atkinsmatt:
Tried the rustoleum epoxy garage floor paint.  Wish that I hadn't.  That one looks great.

TexasRedNeck:
Looks great! Virgin concrete?  Old concrete is tougher when it already has oil stains. Did you add any anti slip texture?  I had a floor with epoxy and no texture. Slicker than owl snot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JR:
My garage needs a good cleaning and I even have some coating someplace!

Sammconn:
Looks great! Hope it's not too slippery when wet.

mjmbrown:
I love the sealed wet concrete look! if your like me I've always got a large floor squeegee on hand for errant water from tires, swamp cooler, spilled beers. because it can get a bit sketchy.

The dealership I work for has a brand new Subaru store and the entire mechanics stop is done with sealer as opposed to heavy grit epoxy...apparently its easier to clean. the main standing and walking are sealed clear also but have "shark bite" grit in them. gives it a pretty cool look and only has the grip where its needed.  I will get a picture next time im over there.

I was just on the hunt for the perfect DIY floor epoxy. I've been watching garage journal for months trying to narrow down what I can do and want to spend on my 1600 sq ft space.... I cant stomach what my local garage solutions guy wanted to charge me for prep and install......4k.....are you joking???  :-\

Any opinions on something that's decently durable but not made of endangered baby seal tears???

Floor was painted by previous owner and has some scratching. obviously NOT a super high quality. Should I scuff this and wipe it with thinner or acetone to prep before I try and do something else? or does it need to be sanded all the way off?? I like the light gray color it is now and will probably look for something about the same color.
Picture is the best I have on me right now, during deconstruction of worlds shortest room (door almost rubbed ceiling).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version