TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > Shops Garages and Barns

New GLO Shop

<< < (2/48) > >>

stlaser:

--- Quote from: KensAuto on September 29, 2018, 01:36:46 AM ---2 questions... forgive my ignorance...so you would actually own it, so you could do whatever you want, within how guidelines?
..and, how close is the bathroom?(sounds important)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

We own it, they have been increasing around 7% per year the last four years or so at least. I spoke with this guy for the last two years ( still have emails ). So basically we own it just like a condo house. I can do whatever inside the building, for the record no Mary Jane business allowed though.

Thee are 6 units or so between me and clubhouse ( facilities) so 400-500 foot maybe?

Bigdave_185:
Do you have basic drinking water at your location? Or is that club house also?

What other shops or storage units being used for near by?  Like minded folks as yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stlaser:

--- Quote from: Bigdave_185 on September 29, 2018, 04:04:42 PM ---Do you have basic drinking water at your location? Or is that club house also?

What other shops or storage units being used for near by?  Like minded folks as yourself?

--- End quote ---

Basic drinking water is in clubhouse. Along with kitchenette & lounge etc.

The locals, from the few I have met they are definitely like minded. A few small businesses work out of them. A few hot rod guys build toys there. One guy is a military vehicle guy and he has a full kitchen he wheels out at 4th of July and everyone has a get together. They cook hot dogs & burgers then watch fireworks over the dirt track that is directly south of this place. I heard there is a group of old guys who get together and eat breakfast at some hole in the wall cafe. For some this is a place to retreat to from HH6.....

stlaser:
Worth noting there are around 5 of these types of places within 15 mins of our new house 1 is within a mile actually but I didn’t care for the guy running it. They did have restrooms in each unit though & were a bit higher per sq ft then what I’m paying. The place I’m at runs from $130 a sq & up depending on new or used units & size etc. My unit was used & is a second phase build newer ones have some slight differences. This was started in 08 and is on its fourth & last phase coming up.

Bigdave_185:

--- Quote from: stlaser on September 29, 2018, 04:25:33 PM ---Worth noting there are around 5 of these types of places within 15 mins of our new house 1 is within a mile actually but I didn’t care for the guy running it. They did have restrooms in each unit though & were a bit higher per sq ft then what I’m paying. The place I’m at runs from $130 a sq & up depending on new or used units & size etc. My unit was used & is a second phase build newer ones have some slight differences. This was started in 08 and is on its fourth & last phase coming up.

--- End quote ---
So odly enough. I have had a long time thought of building a similar style place.  A getaway type place.  Two level MaNsion for those guys.   Lowest level garage shop open styling. I was thinking like a cross but with more sides.    Upper level sort of cigar shop style and bbq joint.  Open kitchen bar but no staff.  Provide your own service. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version